Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheyenne flatbottoms

creepingcharlie
    Dose anyone know who made these boats or from what molds they where made? I have a 19' flatty that the mic#s say home made. I was told that they may be made by Sanger or some thing of that kind. Thanks for any info that you all may give.

Kindsvater Flat
    I heard Cheyenne was after the sanger split, but I could be wrong.

Lefty
    I can't help you with who built them, but I have seen one before. We used to go to the Boat show at the Cow Palace in San Francisco every year. There was one on display in the early 80's. It was set up with a small block Chevy. I grew up in a jet boat and wanted my dad to buy a V-drive for us so bad, that I would have dreams about them. I was probably 10 or 11. The boat was tan, with brown metal flake. It was awsome. I can still see that boat in my mind. I do know that Cheyenne built tunnel jet boats that were pretty popular. Could you post some pics of yours?

BA Kurtis
    My nephew has one that we are restoring it's in the paint stage, we were told that it is a splash off of a Sanger, it does look like a Sanger (straight deck) no bubble deck.

creepingcharlie
    If I knew how I would. If you go to v-driveboat.com and look in photo galleries under b0atr8cer you will see it. It noting fancy but it my first boat. I bought it when i was 20 so didn't know what to look for. I do plan on some kind of restore for it, but thats all in do time.

creepingcharlie
    ba kurtis, where are you have it done at or are you doing it your self. mine is 73 19' whats your nephews any pic of it to compare them.

BA Kurtis
    ba kurtis, where are you have it done at or are you doing it your self. mine is 73 19' whats your nephews any pic of it to compare them.
    We are painting it our selves, I will take some pic's and get them up, although right now it's upside down so I will wait till we flip it back over

Lefty
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/61.jpg This is supposed to be a copy of the Sanger as well. Not the greatest pic to see it but the transoms look very similar and the length is about the same. This is a Kinsvater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast