Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any GPS experts? cuz.....

lilrick
    I want to know if GPS's are ever WAY off like 5 mph or more.After speaking with a couple of fellas at the races this weekend, I think my GPS is LYING!! I reset it the same way after 4 races this weekend . The first three races seem fairly accurate. Just curious.

sanger rat
    Put in some fresh batteries. They seem to read a little slow when the batteries get low. Thanks for the info on the heads.

Used to use my e-trex a bunch for tuning. It would read very consistent. You would always want to back up any speed, make sure it is not a fluke. And like mentioned, the GPS needs to "catch-up". You need to hold your top end speed.
    BTW- My consistent readings were in the 80 mph range. I don't know if the readings loose accuracy above 100mph.

Fiat48
    I wonder about this also. Good thread.
    Does anybody have a time slip.....and their comparable GPS reading. Also what brand GPS if it makes a difference.

lilrick
    Used to use my e-trex a bunch for tuning. It would read very consistent. You would always want to back up any speed, make sure it is not a fluke. And like mentioned, the GPS needs to "catch-up". You need to hold your top end speed.
    BTW- My consistent readings were in the 80 mph range. I don't know if the readings loose accuracy above 100mph.
    My reading seems TOO fast ,not slow. I'm stumped.

sanger rat
    My reading seems TOO fast ,not slow. I'm stumped.
    You must have the V-drive model then.

Fiat48
    You must have the V-drive model then.
    LOL. And here comes the guys "How much will you take for that GPS???"

dmontzsta
    Is it that hard to believe?
    It just feels too easy with a prop boat doesnt it? too good to be true or something. Buy a decent hull with a decent motor and run triple digits, think of how much it would have cost to with any other type of propulsion.

steelcomp
    Rick...after talking with you on Sat. I was thinking about this...I don't see any problem with what your GPS read. You found some nice water and stood on it...your boat had better run that number if you want to be any where near competitive. I think you just started to get a little more comfortable, that's all. Next race you'll be expecting numbers like that...or better. Again, good job this weekend.

QuickJet
    Is it that hard to believe?
    It just feels too easy with a prop boat doesnt it? too good to be true or something. Buy a decent hull with a decent motor and run triple digits, think of how much it would have cost to with any other type of propulsion.
    Ha ha ha, I see the lit match flying towards the puddle of gas......

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast