Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 70'S DRAG BOAT PICTURES

Bense468
    those are some nice pics Geoff. What has your partying ass been up to?

MikeF
    WILDERTHANU54:
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Poker_Runs/lol.JPG[/img] Them was the good old days! wink

Fired Up
    Thunder..Wilder,
    Tom Tate was Caselli's crew chief. His motors were built by a guy named Zuess or Zuezl or Zhuez....something like that. It started with a Z. I should know that bit of trivia, but three days at work gets short on sleep and shorter on memory.

WILDERTHANU54
    Bense468:
    those are some nice pics Geoff. What has your partying ass been up to? BENSON!!!....... WORKING ON SOME THINGS RIGHT NOW. GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME A CALL THIS WEEKEND WE'LL BE GETTTING LOOSE FOR SURE. (909) 908-5514.

GN117 Big Dawg
    Hey guy's, the engine builder your lookin' for is Dave Zuechel. I was aquainted with Dave in my early days of drag racin' out at Skiland in Perris and the Stadium (Oakland and L.B.) "Zuech" was from the S.F.Valley and did some very famous ol drag boats besides Caselli's. He did the motor in "CITATION", the TFH that Don Pruhdome drove and ultimatly destroyed at the Stadium. Dave was a great guy and really knew his stuff especially the 392 Chryslers that ruled the fuel catigories in the "good ol days". Dave was big time into aircraft engines and planes in general, he was killed in an airplane accident in the late 70's or early 80's as I try to remember the dates. Too good of guy to loose so early in his life, we all were shorted by his passing.
    [ February 12, 2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: GN117 Big Dawg ]

Thunderbutt
    GN117 Big Dawg:
    Hey guy's, the engine builder your lookin' for is Dave Zuechel. I was aquainted with Dave in my early days of drag racin' out at Skiland in Perris and the Stadium (Oakland and L.B.) "Zuech" was from the S.F.Valley and did some very famous ol drag boats besides Caselli's. He did the motor in "CITATION", the TFH that Don Pruhdome drove and ultimatly destroyed at the Stadium. Dave was a great guy and really knew his stuff especially the 392 Chryslers that ruled the fuel catigories in the "good ol days". Dave was big time into aircraft engines and planes in general, he was killed in an airplane accident in the late 70's or early 80's as I try to remember the dates. Too good of guy to loose so early in his life, we all were shorted by his passing. Thanks BigDawg. I couldn't remember his name. I do remember after the Casseli crash he said he would not build anymore boat motors, infact I think it was Andree's motor in Rays boat, don't know for sure.

Stab-n-Steer
    Wilder,
    Awesome Pics! Thanks for posting.
    S&S

smalls
    Geoff, Those are some Bitchen shots,,,,,,,,, Thanks

WILDERTHANU54
    REMEMBER THESE........

DansBlown73Nordic
    Those are some very Cool Shots. Where do you find that stuff? Id like to try to blow some up for some pictures on the garage wall.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast