Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: water methanol injection/nitrous on roots blower

DEL51
    Impatient,Your thinking is good. your on the right track. I am not a fan of the btm system. Say you run 10 lbs of boost and your Ideal timing is 30 deg at full power. on the lowest setting 1 deg per pound your now at 20deg timing unless you are pulling back from 40 total. Lots of stuff involved.I may be wrong in my opinoin regarding the btm system. I just found it too aggressive at 1 pound and 1 degree.I called msd and they said I could refine it to !/2 deg or less and would help. I sold it and run my advance with weights and springs to the full coming in at 2500. Total is at 29 deg. When I choose to ad nitous I will pull timing out with a retard box.Please do not take what I say as the only way as more experienced people will have their input. Good luck, DEl51

Unitek
    A real honest first hand experiance with a meth unit in a lake boat by someone who tried it. I rigged up a plate unit with 1 injector above the blower with a single 950 on a 177 blower. I bought the 7qt reservoir and all the extras. In my opinion and first hand experiance. If you plan on running for any length of time in your boat not just drags your wasting your money. You would have to run a 20 gallon cell to last you a day on the water. Plus if you think you can set your motor on kill because you hooked up a meth unit you,ll probably be buying a motor sooner than later. I ended up buying a bigger blower underdriving it and adding a chiller problem solved no relays no solenoids no wireing no jets to get plugged up plus if you add the meth shot above the blower your defeating the purpose anyways by compressing the meth charge before it gets to the chamber. A better idea would be to plumb the charge into the plenum after the blower and cooling the heated af mixture. By the way I have a nice meth unit for sale cheap.
    What company is the kit from and how much do you want for it ?

Daytona100
    What company is the kit from and how much do you want for it ?
    Cooling mist system with snow performance carb plate and jet.

Unitek
    Cooling mist system with snow performance carb plate and jet.
    How much do you want for it ? Im running a blow thru Procharged single carb setup so it will work perfect for me.

Daytona100
    How much do you want for it ? Im running a blow thru Procharged single carb setup so it will work perfect for me.
    Was asking 200.00 but i.ll let it go for 175.00 + shipping. Thank you Mike

Unitek
    Was asking 200.00 but i.ll let it go for 175.00 + shipping. Thank you Mike
    Is the plate for a dominator or a 4150 style carb ?
    Also is there a provision for another nozzle ?
    what all exactly is included in what your selling ?
    And do you take paypal ?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Daytona100
    Is the plate for a dominator or a 4150 style carb ?
    Also is there a provision for another nozzle ?
    what all exactly is included in what your selling ?
    And do you take paypal ?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    The plate is for a 4150 carb there is a provision for a extra nozzle. Im selling the whole system. Plate, nozzles, solenoids resoivouir etc.

Unitek
    The plate is for a 4150 carb there is a provision for a extra nozzle. Im selling the whole system. Plate, nozzles, solenoids resoivouir etc.
    Last question,
    What controller is included or is it a switched setup ?
    Also about the paypal ?

Turboelimtim
    Impatient,Your thinking is good. your on the right track. I am not a fan of the btm system. Say you run 10 lbs of boost and your Ideal timing is 30 deg at full power. on the lowest setting 1 deg per pound your now at 20deg timing unless you are pulling back from 40 total. Lots of stuff involved.I may be wrong in my opinoin regarding the btm system. I just found it too aggressive at 1 pound and 1 degree.I called msd and they said I could refine it to !/2 deg or less and would help. I sold it and run my advance with weights and springs to the full coming in at 2500. Total is at 29 deg. When I choose to ad nitous I will pull timing out with a retard box.Please do not take what I say as the only way as more experienced people will have their input. Good luck, DEl51
    I tried the MSD BTM box on my set-up (h20/methanol injection), but couldn't get it to work so I opted for the MSD retard box (I think it's 7982 or something) which drops the timing 4 deg (adjutable with plug) when triggered by a hobbs switch set at 6 psi boost. It's simple, cheap and has worked well for four seasons now, just not a gradual retarding system.

Daytona100
    Last question,
    What controller is included or is it a switched setup ?
    Also about the paypal ?
    It,s activated by a adjustable boost switch. My paypal account is screwed up I forgot my password. I,ll take a check or money order. Mike.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast