Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best local lake

vee-driven
    I am lookin to hit up some local lakes around the LA area, meaning within 100miles or so of LA. just sunday test and tunes, i was wondering wich ones some of you prefer and is there any local lakes you can open it up besides elsinore's unlimited speed zone? And is the unlimited speed zone open on the weekend?

Kilrtoy
    I think you answered your own question
    Elsinore is it

killerbeez
    with a boat like yours in your avatar,you better be first on the lake before the speed zone becomes the slow zone for us smaller boats.It can turn into BIG chop real fast.They are open from sunrise to sunset every day.

Schiada Time
    elsinore is pretty much the only game in town. VEE-DID YOU SELL THAT SCHIADA YET?

Hotcobra270
    I think you answered your own question
    Elsinore is it
    castaic?.. cleaner than elsinore for sure.. might be closer dwpending where you are, not very crowed at all, nice launch ramp BUT they do have a speed limit but I dont think they enforce it.

HALLETT BOY
    castaic?.. cleaner than elsinore for sure.. might be closer dwpending where you are, not very crowed at all, nice launch ramp BUT they do have a speed limit but I dont think they enforce it.
    I"ve got the speeding ticket to prove they do enforce the speed limit ...this was last year, maybe they have relaxed a little? When Wes from trident was there
    recently, he didn't get pulled over for speeding...

vee-driven
    elsinore is pretty much the only game in town. VEE-DID YOU SELL THAT SCHIADA YET?
    still got the schiada, looks like i got a decent selection of boats to run this summer, i just have to get all 3 to the river at the same time.

eliminatedsprinter
    Do not even think about testing a fast boat out at Castiac. They have patrol boats out radar gunning, all boats, almost all of the time. Ever since that big HTM crash, it has been the most hyper-regulated lake around. If you want to take a few test runs, in a lake with more relaxed speed enforcement, Pyramid, Pyru, or Buena Vista would all be much better choices.

dumbandyoung
    Castaic Sucks!.. its is kinda cool that the only allow seadoos in one small area of the lake. I think the speed limit is 45. so if you test running a bayliner your cool , but dont even think about taking your boat there.
    I heard that Puddingstone doesnt have a speed limit????

gabe1
    Puddingstone suksss aasss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast