Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this worth giving up 3 Summers???

Big Bear
    I was really looking forward to boating season, hoping to get out more than I have in previous years, wanting to meet more forum members and just have a blast!!! I just got a phone call from a friend of mine offering me a job for the next 3 seasons, starting April or so and working thru Sept. or Oct. Heres the kicker!!! The job is on an island, north of Japan off the coast of RUSSIA!! They will be boring 3 tunnels under a river (1 tunnel each season) and want me as their crane operator. 7 days a week, 14-16 hours a day from the time we get there til we come home in the fall. They are dangling $30-35,000 a MONTH at me along with all my union bennies!!! How can I possibly turn that down. Well, there goes life as I know it. Guess I'll have to get in all my boating at Spring Break, then put the boat away again! What would you do?? My friggin head is spinning!

Garrddogg
    I was really looking forward to boating season, hoping to get out more than I have in previous years, wanting to meet more forum members and just have a blast!!! I just got a phone call from a friend of mine offering me a job for the next 3 seasons, starting April or so and working thru Sept. or Oct. Heres the kicker!!! The job is on an island, north of Japan off the coast of RUSSIA!! They will be boring 3 tunnels under a river (1 tunnel each season) and want me as their crane operator. 7 days a week, 14-16 hours a day from the time we get there til we come home in the fall. They are dangling $30-35,000 a MONTH at me along with all my union bennies!!! How can I possibly turn that down. Well, there goes life as I know it. Guess I'll have to get in all my boating at Spring Break, then put the boat away again! What would you do?? My friggin head is spinning!
    BYE!

Big Bear
    BYE!
    Send a postcard, right???

slink
    Hope you like raw fish

tgotch
    If you don't go, I will. Email me some crane operating instructions
    http://www.cranetraining.ca/Crane%20Colour.jpg

JetBoatRich
    No Brainer go have fun on the island.
    You live in in Simi, So.Cal boat all year here

Garrddogg
    Send a postcard, right???
    TOUGH CALL BUT 30G's A MONTH IS A GANG O $$$$
    but then again a summer on the water is PRICLESS!!

TCHB
    Is it taxable under US Terms>>>

Phat Matt
    You can boat every other month all month long. Get out of here!

Big Bear
    Hope you like raw fish
    F#CK that!! You mean there wont be any steak houses there??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast