Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this worth giving up 3 Summers???

Big Bear
    If you don't want the job, email me info on it. I've never ran a crane, but have ran almost every other piece of contruction equipment. If they don't want me I know they'd take my bro who has +20yrs, including crane experience!
    $30k a month is worth giving up a few summers.
    My buddy is the Super for this job. I worked with him most of last year. He has handpicked his crew and said he has to have me. I have my 25 yr old son living with me trying to get him straightened out (long story) I told Danny the only way I would consider it is if he gave my son a job so he can go with me. He told me if that is what it takes to get me there, my son has a job. I guess he wants me pretty bad. If everything he says is true and I dont doubt it is, I'm there!!

Big Bear
    Ugly Russian chicks huhh?
    What about this one?
    http://www.askmen.com/specials/2005_...kournikova.jpg
    Hey, I never said anything about ugly, I was just talking about an over-abundance of hair!! I could live with that!!

Big Bear
    If you don't have a family I would def do it. That isn't that long to be away with that kind of money. Def check with your tax man. Remember though, as many of us are in the same business, it could easily turn out a longer stay, because that's the way it is and shit happens. Go Local 12.
    The stay is cut and dried, too friggin cold to work during the winter months, spring to fall, 3 seasons thats it. I'm thinking I work 6-7 months and take the rest of the year off til spring when its time to go back. Wish it was in the southern hemisphere so their summer was our winter!! Local 12 huh, I guess that makes us union brothers. Might have even run into each other at some time. Been doin this for 18 years.

Big Bear
    If that money is tax free or close too it you really should think very hard about it.
    Also see what you get for housing...would suck to lose lots of your cash on housing.
    Company pays $200 a week plus $45 a day for expenses. Theres another $500 a week!!

ECeptor
    My buddy is the Super for this job. I worked with him most of last year. He has handpicked his crew and said he has to have me. I have my 25 yr old son living with me trying to get him straightened out (long story) I told Danny the only way I would consider it is if he gave my son a job so he can go with me. He told me if that is what it takes to get me there, my son has a job. I guess he wants me pretty bad. If everything he says is true and I dont doubt it is, I'm there!!
    Smart move. Like I said, for that kind of jack I could line up one helluva crew to go...including myself!
    Good luck!!!!

SummitKarl
    If your not leaving a wife or children behind, it's a no brainer, if you don't like it don't go back next year. go for the adventure and check it out

Havasu Luvr
    Damm Robey, give me your email address, I can always email you pics of the river.. good luck..... I could use a job...maybe your "Crane Biatch"?

Big Bear
    I'm definately going to be looking into wireless internet access over there!! That will be my only form of entertainment.

Big Bear
    Damm Robey, give me your email address, I can always email you pics of the river.. good luck..... I could use a job...maybe your "Crane Biatch"?
    Hey Dave!! I have already demanded that they take my son Chris to be my crane biatch. :frown: I hope to have internet access (last post) so I will be able to keep in touch. Hope to see you at spring break!!!

SummerBreeze
    Is it all about the MONEY $$$$$ it does sound good
    I don't like to be told what to do or where to live. No one is yanking my chain.
    PRISONERS... in prison are always thinking of ways to get out.
    SLAVES... let the master provide them with what they need on the plantation.
    are you a SLAVE or A PRISONER ????

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast