Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this worth giving up 3 Summers???

dicudmore
    I was really looking forward to boating season, hoping to get out more than I have in previous years, wanting to meet more forum members and just have a blast!!! I just got a phone call from a friend of mine offering me a job for the next 3 seasons, starting April or so and working thru Sept. or Oct. Heres the kicker!!! The job is on an island, north of Japan off the coast of RUSSIA!! They will be boring 3 tunnels under a river (1 tunnel each season) and want me as their crane operator. 7 days a week, 14-16 hours a day from the time we get there til we come home in the fall. They are dangling $30-35,000 a MONTH at me along with all my union bennies!!! How can I possibly turn that down. Well, there goes life as I know it. Guess I'll have to get in all my boating at Spring Break, then put the boat away again! What would you do?? My friggin head is spinning!
    Robey see ya in the spring time and enjoy the $$$

shueman
    Do it....we'll still be here when ya git back...

MagicMtnDan
    Keep your clothes on while operating heavy equipment! Have a good time!
    http://markus.nolf.org/2005/08/18/DSC01823-2.jpg

YeLLowBoaT
    Company pays $200 a week plus $45 a day for expenses. Theres another $500 a week!!
    Thats not alot.. You may want to look in to the cost of liveing where you "would" be living.

Hardly Satisfied
    Can't pass that up

a catered life
    BYE!
    $30,000 a month :sqeyes: see you in three years boating will be here for years to come but the chance to make that kind of money dont come along to often good luck and be safe

Red Horse
    GO MAN GO.
    ANd if you can get a break, go to Okinawa. You can get some boat and beach in there!!!

ROZ
    How about Russian women with hairy legs and armpits??
    Think of it this way.. You don't have to look online to pick your mailorder bride. You get to pick her right out of the lineup

al cole'holic
    ..if they pay you in Russia, open a Russian bank account and put all your money there...when you get back open a new Amex account and use that for everything, when the bill is due have the funds wired to Amex for payment

Biglue
    For that kinda money, what is there to consider?
    You need any other workers?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast