Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interest rates?

EmpirE231
    anyone have the scoop? are they staying still... going up? going down? anything.. just wondering if I should refi or not. I have a 6.75 still fixed for another 4 1/2 years?

jbone
    Here comes the flood of pm's.
    Stand by to stand by.
    J

Mandelon
    I think they will sit pretty tight where they are. Maybe a little up and a little down, but I don't think fed will raise them anymore until the housing issues settle out.

EmpirE231
    Ohh dang... no PM's please just seeing how interest rates are going!! no looking to pull equity out or save myself from anything. just seeing the rates...

socalmofo
    I agree with Mandelon. Should stay about where they are at until the market is stabilized.
    I wonder how many posts it will be until someone comes in and says how rates are going way up and more foreclosures are coming and..... blah blah blah!

essexjet
    Par rate on a 30 year fixed Fannie Mae is at 5.75% today. We should see it go up to 5.875% due to weakness on the 10 year note.

Big Warlock
    Mortgage rates are tied to Treasury Bills. Short term interest rates have nothing to do with Mortgages.
    When they report the Feds meeting to discuss interest rates, they are talking about short term. This affects what banks pay from the fed bank. It affects your credit card rate, consumer spending, etc. etc.
    FYI

Outnumbered
    anyone have the scoop? are they staying still... going up? going down? anything.. just wondering if I should refi or not. I have a 6.75 still fixed for another 4 1/2 years?
    Read this:
    http://www.hsh.com/2month4cast.html

Outnumbered
    And if you are still awake, read this...
    http://www.hsh.com/trends.html

ParkerSteve
    Couldn't wait Refied Parker Home Tuesday for 5.625/ O points/ 30 year fixed/
    3000. costs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast