Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some ideas . . . (potluck lunch)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    So, I'm supposed to bring a main dish to a potluck tomorrow for lunch. What can I bring that does not need to be heated up (unless it's a quickie in a microwave)? We have no sink, no oven, but refrigerators. I'm thinking fried chicken? I don't know. Help a sister out folks. Any ideas??

hoolign
    So, I'm supposed to bring a main dish to a potluck tomorrow for lunch. What can I bring that does not need to be heated up (unless it's a quickie in a microwave)? We have no sink, no oven. I'm thinking fried chicken? I don't know. Help a sister out folks. Any ideas??
    I'm pretty sure BigDoug can get you a good deal on fish??
    I say hand out two for one Big Mac coupons..they are always a big hit!

DILLIGAF
    Do somwthing in the crock pot over night. It will be done when you get up, you can take the entire pot with you and make sure it is something that would be good cold.

YeLLowBoaT
    fried chicken is always a good choice...In the past I have made french dips for a main corse... had 3 thermoses full of au jux and used that to heat up the meat on pretoasted roles. Made every one happy.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Oooooohhhh! I forgot about the crock pot! French dips are a good idea, but the roast beef is pretty expensive (5-6 bucks a pound).

AZKC
    One of those 4 foot deli sandwiches from Frys or who ever. I'm not a big fan but people seem to eat them.

CBadDad
    Buy some meatballs and a sauce (so many choices). Fill the crockpot and plug it in in the morning. It'll be ready by lunch. A box of toothpicks and you're all set.

phebus
    Meadow Muffins- Take the loaf size Kings Hawaiian bread, slice it in half, and just make a big old sandwich out of it with mayo, lettuce, lunch meats, and whatever, and then just cut it up into small pieces. Really good, really easy, and who can resist Hawaiian bread?

AZKC
    Meadow Muffins- Take the loaf size Kings Hawaiian bread, slice it in half, and just make a big old sandwich out of it with mayo, lettuce, lunch meats, and whatever, and then just cut it up into small pieces. Really good, really easy, and who can resist Hawaiian bread?
    Are they called Meadow Muffins Or are you calling MMSW "Meadow Muffins" :devil:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    You could also get those giant tortillas, some flavored low fat cream cheese, lunch meat, lettuce, bell peppers, etc. Spread everything on the tortillas and then roll them and then cut them into little pinwheels.
    Piece of cake!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast