Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: boat attitude ?

flatrookie
    hey guys need some info please ! I have very little seat time and my boat has some attitude when I get into the pedal. I can cruise about 40 or so fine then give it gas then it wants to come up. one person had rec to move the motor forward or try nickles in the shaft. do tue some unfortunate learing experience with rain and zoomies I have the motor out and would like some feed back on any rec about how far I should move the motor ?

You may have to give up some more info.
    Where's the motor currently located from the transom?
    Where's the v-drive located?
    How far is the prop from the strut already?
    What kind of boat and HP?

flatrookie
    You may have to give up some more info.
    Where's the motor currently located from the transom?
    Where's the v-drive located?
    How far is the prop from the strut already?
    What kind of boat and HP?
    ok not exact but close here you go
    about 2 feet 9 inches from very back of transom inside the boat
    the drive is located between the seats about 3 feet from motor
    on the last one is a little tough for me I dont know where to exactly measure but if I would have to say there is about 2 maybe 3 inches of shaft sticking out of the strut before the prop o ya eliminator flat bottom 18ft I would guess about 500 to 550 hp

Are you saying that you have 2 to 3 inches between the back of the strut barrel to the front of the prop? If so that is really BAD!!! You should have about a half inch between them +/-...
    Steve

Moneypitt
    Are you saying that you have 2 to 3 inches between the back of the strut barrel to the front of the prop? If so that is really BAD!!! You should have about a half inch between them +/-...
    Steve
    Looks like it has a replacement shaft that is too long. As Steve said, that much shaft sticking out is VERY BAD.. DO NOT run it that way!!!!!!! Does it have a down pedal?.......Were you using the down pedal when you stepped on the gas pedal????....More info is needed.............MP

GofastRacer
    WOW that is bad, sounds like maybe a whirlaway was added and the shaft was not cut to componsate, cut the shaft off just enough so you can get the puller on, closer to the strut the better!..

flatrookie
    Steve
    ya I will try to post a pic

What they said!! Check to see if anything is in the prop coupling and remove and remeasure!!! That's pretty scary!! HUFFPOWER measurements sounds good also.

flatrookie
    What they said!! Check to see if anything is in the prop coupling and remove and remeasure!!! That's pretty scary!! HUFFPOWER measurements sounds good also.
    hey here is a pic I guess 1 1/2 to 2 inches why is that bad I dont know ? what will it do ? and yes it has a down pedal

flatrookie
    the measurements commly looked for are from the transom(inside) to the forward bulkhead, motor should be around 34" from transom, v-drive box c/l about 92", if memory serves correctly, plus or minus a few inches, but in that ball park.
    hey first thank you all for your info much appreciated so very new to all of this. so lame ? what is the forward bulkhead and what is c/l ? measurement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast