Thread: Gel Coat!!!!!!!!!!

eliminated1
    Need help. Just picked up a 21 ft nordic viking hull that is in great shape except for the gel coat. I like the colors but the clear has burned off from sun expossure. No chips or dings in the hull just need to have the dash filled in so i can reconfigure the setup of steering and guages and need to have some of the red gel coat fixed because the black glass as i call it is starting to come thru. Who in the PHX or CA area can do this. my main concern is matching the red. Any help is greatly appreciated

disco_charger
    TRG Fiberglass in Montclair or Upland is really good at matching colors.
    Todd Griggs
    626-839-8846
    He goes by Toddnjuzz on the boards.

UBFJ #454
    Bobby Hewitt, Hewitt Custom Boats [in Mesa (602) 463-1895] does excellent gel coat work and does it at quite a reasonable price.

TahitiTiger
    This will sound really strange, but there is a place here in Salinas that makes porta-toilets. They do other projects on the side, and I have seen some boats they have done. Real good work! (I think they are called Ajax)
    When my father had his race-cars 10 years ago they made his hoods for him

eliminated1
    Thanks for the info i will try both this boat is to nice to let go and i have been trying to buy it for 15 years and the guy finally just gave it to me . HUll never cut and it had an outboard on it. It will soon become a jet boat Thanks again

eliminated1
    thanks Tahiti i will call them just hope they dont do crappy work just kidding

pw_Tony
    I always preferred regular clear over gel coat, gel coat just doesn't seem to last long. Just my opinion

Nucking futs
    I always preferred regular clear over gel coat, gel coat just doesn't seem to last long. Just my opinion
    Huh??????