Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to Neighbors

EmpirE231
    last night was the drawing point....well so were many other nights, but this time I'm actually writing the letter!! I made a post wayyy back about neighbors dogs that just yap and bark all night and keep you up. well I have moved since and then the neighbor directly next door moves in about 1 month after me... and low and behold... a backyard full of dogs! at one point it was a bunch of chiuawas (sp?) ... honestly no joke there were atleast 7 of them!:jawdrop: well fast forward to recent times. they now have one full grown boxer, 2 chiuawas and one retarted cage bird. all these dogs/animals stay in the backyard, and all of them do nothing but make noise!! this boxer has a loud ass bark... and barks all throughout the night.. early evening... and mornings... right in the corner of the house that lines up with my bedroom window!! and of course the lil tough chiuawas bark along with him! nothing is done to stop them, never hear the neighbors come outside when it''s happening... or never put the dogs inside. last night for example.... 3:30 in the morning.... the boxer is going off like a mad man!! with one of the lil guys helping him out of course... my GF said she was just about to open the window and scream "SHUT YOUR F*CKING DOGS UP!!!!!" but I was like... no.. lets not start some damn neighbor fueding... try to sleep it out.... then at 3:50 couldn't take it... just opened the window and wistled really loud trying to hope the neighbors would be like "OH WOW... MAYBE MY RETARTED DOGS BARKING ALL NIGHT ARE DISTURBING MY NEIGHBORS",,, but nope... dogs kept barking for about another 5 minutes. this happens all the time and is making sleeping a pain in the ass!! on top of that they have a bird that likes to chirp his ass offfffff from 6:30 to 7:30 in the morning (convieniently being the time I have to get outa bed) ... definitely debating taking him out with a BB gun, but they'll know it was either me or the other neighbor :devil:
    anyways... if no action is taken after the letter.... who do I call to make the complaints?? police? humane society? animal stuff? help me out. trust me if you had a cool dog that maybe went off randomly a couple times a month... I wouldnt be saying anything.... but when it's happening 5 days a week... I'm pissed!!!!
    here is the letter so far... yes all caps!
    DEAR NEIGHBORS
    THIS LETTER IS TO INFORM YOU ABOUT A PROBLEM THAT WE ARE EXPERIENCING. YOU HAVE MULTIPLE DOGS THAT BARK THROUGHOUT THE EVENING / NIGHT / MORNINGS, WHICH GO UNATTENTED. THERE IS NOTHING DONE TO STOP THEM, NO BRINGING THEM INSIDE, OR ANY OTHER ACTIONS. SOMETIMES THEY BARK FOR ½ AN HOUR AT A TIME. THIS IS A MAJOR INCONVIENIENCE AS WE CANNOT SLEEP WHEN THE DOGS ARE BARKING, OR WHEN THEY WAKE US IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. IT SEEMS AS YOU HAVE TOTAL DISREGARD FOR RESPECT OF YOUR NEIGHBORS. THIS LETTER SHOULD HAVE BEEN WRITTEN 4-5 MONTHS AGO, WHEN THE PROBLEM STARTED AS YOU MOVED IN, BUT WE FIGURED THAT YOU GUYS WOULD ADDRESS THE PROBLEM. THIS IS A LETTER TO NOTIFY YOU AND GIVE A CHANCE TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT, BEFORE NOISE CONTROL COMPLAINTS ARE MADE. SOME IDEAS TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM COULD BE BRINGING THE DOGS IN AT NIGHT, TRAINING THEM NOT TO BARK THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT, OR GETTING BARK COLLARS. THIS IS AN ANONOMOUS LETTER FROM RESIDENTS IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD.
    03/07/2007

EmpirE231
    Oh yeah and the dogs like to go off barking anytime someone steps foot out of my backdoor into my backyard

Wet Dream
    Get the other neighbors involved, see if they agree you, get them in your corner and call the cops for a complaint. Keep doing it.

welk2party
    We had the same problem and we called animal control to make a noise complaint. Once you make the first complaint it goes on record. After the second complaint they make a visit. If it continues they impound the dogs. Fortunately for my neighbor it stopped after the second complaint.

460 jus getn it
    Reason number 1 why my dog wears a bark coller. I dont want to be the neighbor whos dog doesnt SHUT THE F UCK UP.

Mr. C
    If nothing changes, i would call animal control and inform them of the barking and maybe let it slip out that they don't have tags and might not be registered. That can get expensive when they go back 2,3, or 4 years for back registration. Plus i think in cali we have a 3 pet limit law (not sure though). That doesn't mean 3 dogs, 3 birds etc.(3 total).
    Good luck I'm dealing with a little shit dog next door that barks(make that yaps) all day. I would love to kick a field goal with that little sh!t.

echo
    Hope this thread brings alot of posts. This is a major problem everywhere. You have to forget about getting along with a neighbor that lets a dog bark. you have to come down hard on the people not the dogs.

mrs.rvrluvr
    Call animal control, I think there is some law/rule somewhere that says how many dogs you can own. If not, I'd definately file a complaint with them.

CBadDad
    I think it's a good letter. Puts them on notice. I doubt much will change, but at least you initiated the process. Good luck with it.

Run_em_Hard
    Where I live if I go and talk to the city, which I have, they send the family a letter and if nothing is resolved in a week or two they ask me to come back. At that point they send them a fine, which they have done. Just a thought. But the population in my city is only 700 or so.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast