Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this true or bull$*#@

waterbum
    I was recently told to replace the Crane roller lifters on my 99 gen VI hp500 after 200hrs because they start coming apart.Anyone ever have this problem or is someone yankin me crank. Bum

Clown
    In a marine application I only run those crane lifters for 40 hours.
    Then deep six them.

waterbum
    Sound's like you like to waste money,clown.

GofastRacer
    I would not go by how many hours (who keeps track?), it depends how radical of cam you have and how hard you run it!, if you get loose a lot and you over rev the motor, then you need to take a look at stuff once in a while, that's what I do!, it can save a lot of bucks!!.....My .02...
    BTW Clown, don't deep six them, send them my way!.. eek!
    [ October 29, 2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

schiada96
    Idle kills them, not enough oil.

GofastRacer
    That is very true, but now ther's a cure, you can get lifters that bleeds oil on the lobes, also ther's a tool to put a groove in the lifter bore to allow oil to flow on the lobes!..

Jordy
    GofastRacer:
    That is very true, but now ther's a cure, you can get lifters that bleeds oil on the lobes I've got the Iske's in my motor, solid though. Pretty sweet deal with the little weep hole.

Liberator TJ1984
    I'm with GFRacer , sell me your used ones..I may need a spare set soon..poor folks here..
    Gopherrrr

missilemud
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was recently told to replace the Crane roller lifters on my 99 gen VI hp500 after 200hrs because they start coming apart.Anyone ever have this problem or is someone yankin me crank. Bum
    i think someones trying to get you on that one. hey if its not broken why fix it.

SeaYaBye
    Hey...since we are on the subject....are the Crane Gold rockers good or are there better choices out there for the money?? T.R.C.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast