Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Tech Plumbing

Taylorman
    Didn't know that, ive never used a gate valve.

460 jus getn it
    Didn't know that, ive never used a gate valve.A hair can mean alot with those ball valves. Dont get me wrong, im sure alot of people use them and they work fine. Just im my personal experience the temp went from 140 to 200 in a hurry and all i did was move the lever a CH

Devilman
    Ever tried to dial your water temp in with a ball valve. They are very touchy, and in my personal experience gate valves are much more eaiser to work with. Just my .02 cents.
    I recall a pretty big debate here awhile back on the subject of ball valves vs. gate valves.....
    Never messed with dialing in the temp. I used ball valves cause I can get 'em free from work, the temp thing just happened to work itself out. I know the ball valves are finicky though.....

Legal Chemistry
    Why do you want shut the water off going to the pump when you're running it on the trailer? I thought the "better" idea was to run water through the pump to keep it water lubed vs running dry. I've ran mine on the trainer with the water on, but I regulate what goes through the block (I reduce flow into the block.) By no means am I an expert, so I am missing something here?

Jetaholic
    Why do you want shut the water off going to the pump when you're running it on the trailer? I thought the "better" idea was to run water through the pump to keep it water lubed vs running dry. I've ran mine on the trainer with the water on, but I regulate what goes through the block (I reduce flow into the block.) By no means am I an expert, so I am missing something here?
    I have a Jet-A-Way so that I can put the boat in neutral when dry firing it, so this is a non-issue.
    The reason for ball valves? Because I'm running a water bypass valve to regulate the water pressure without killing the amount of water going to the block. I'll also be running a thermostat kit so that will control my running temp. So the water pressure and block temp will be self regulating.
    There will be a gate valve for the header water feed though.
    Squirt'nmyload...not sure I follow you on how to use the pump water shut off with the garden hose thing.

squirt'nmyload
    Squirt'nmyload...not sure I follow you on how to use the pump water shut off with the garden hose thing.
    sorry....i meant u can keep the garden hose attachment and valve on it, then one other valve for the water intake.......total of 2 valves....make sense
    but it sounds like you know what you are doing....don't mind me!!

Some Kind Of Monster
    Just a thought, why ball valves? Why not gate valves?
    Agreed,
    Gate valves are far more accurate and you can make finer adjustments.

Jetaholic
    OK OK guys...all this talk about "adjustments"...
    If you have a water bypass valve to regulate the incoming water pressure and you run a thermostat kit, what other adjustments are there to make?

Some Kind Of Monster
    If you have a water bypass valve to regulate the incoming water pressure and you run a thermostat kit, what other adjustments are there to make?
    You sould be fine. It's just a good idea to use gate valves if that is the only type of regulation you have.
    Ball valves = On / Off
    Gate valves = Regulation

squirt'nmyload
    i do believe the thermostat debate has gone on before....some do some don't..........there isn't one in mine.........the only adjustment i've ever made was when the water cooled, i closed the valve a tad to bring the temp up to where it usually is in the summer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast