Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: what rockers are you guys running on your bbc

Moneypitt
    and mushroom lifters that had to go in before the cam was installed, yeah your old too.
    Ever heard "Hey, what are those 16 clothespins in your tool box for?" "you doing laundry on the side?".............MP

LakesOnly
    Received the rockers today, thank you Paul. Maybe now I'll get off my butt and finish this project up. Did I read somewhere that these are good for 7-8 mph or your money back? lol
    Thanks again,
    Rio->MichaelMy pleasure, Rio. Set those rockers up per the provided instructions and you will get perfect geometry and should also get the lift at the valve that the cam company advertises for your camshaft.
    Incorrect or improperly spec'd valve train geometry usually nets less lift at the valve and can also load the valve train in such a way that the increased work imposed costs HP and causes irregular wear...as well as the cost in HP by way of the valve train action simply not being optimized (proper valve train geometry can have a valve further open with a few degrees of crank rotation than poorly set up valve train).
    LO

jungledave
    Okay, let's steer this thread back to a Gearheads theme.
    I have received a couple of "feedbacks" where others are trying to tell me that the rockers in the photo below don't SEEM to be set up correctly. What has been pointed out to me over and over is that all the rockers "SEEM to be set the same," and on the low side at that (based on the location of the polylock within the rocker body)...looks like the wrong pushrod lengths, etc. Look at the picture, all the rockers are positioned/angled the same:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...7Steves472.jpg
    And I am tired of expalining myself, SO...
    Who here can tell the lovely audience why the valve train SEEMS to be set up incorrectly (although in reality everything is set up perfectly)?
    The first person to post the correct answer as to why it SEEMS this way gets:
    Ford Guys: Free oil pressure shim kit from High Flow Dynamics
    Chevy Guys: Free used 1.75" 7/16 roller rocker studs (Qty: just 8) for spairs
    Let the games begin,
    LOhow about some free chrysler stuff??

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011