Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember when ???

Riptide01
    Anybody remember when you could go to the Hot boat factories,grab a few bare hulls and bring them home?
    Heres a shot of Dad on a return trip from Calif.
    Two new 71 Sangers and a Schiada on the truck rack.
    Oh, The good old days.

[ September 19, 2002, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Riptide01 ]

CircleJerk
    Rip, That's really coooolll! Cant wait to meet your Dad! You lucky guy! How about the prices? I'm sure there are folks here that havent a clue what these jewels cost new and in this condition! Me for one......Jerk

I remember those days...they were a long time ago. frown

infotraker
    I picked up my bare hull 68 Schiada from the factory in 68 for $1300 ! Still have it and just need to put in new vdrive bearings to get it going again. Still listen to Creadence Clearwater while working on the boat !!!!

Riptide01
    Yep, Talked to Dad this morning. He says that the two Sangers were about $1,300.00 each.
    Thats Stage 1 with bottom gear. That boat on top wouldn't sell. Nobody liked it. It got kicked around the house for a few years. Finally a guy bought it and put a BBC in it with a 6-71 blower. I think dad even drove it for the guy one time at a drag race. The owner was to affraid of what it would do.
    Yep, I miss being a kid....

Riptide01
    Yep, Talked to Dad this morning. He says that the two Sangers were about $1,300.00 each.
    Thats Stage 1 with bottom gear. That boat on top wouldn't sell. Nobody liked it. It got kicked around the house for a few years. Finally a guy bought it and put a BBC in it with a 6-71 blower. I think dad even drove it for the guy one time at a drag race. The owner was to affraid of what it would do.
    Yep, I miss being a kid....

Sangster
    Wow, CCR.. That brings back alot of memories. still got some of their albums...When I was an apprentis i used to work with the drummers stepdad..Met his Mom too..She promised me free tickets when he came to town.. Never got them...Now if that ain't dating yourself....

Riptide01
    HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS, PIECE OF #$%^% COMPUTER...

DansBlown73Nordic
    That picture is COOL. Lets see somemore. So my 66 Stevens sold new for around $1300? eek! That would be a bare hull?

Itsahobby
    Here's a picture I got from Ray DeFir, when he
    was building my boat. I think this was when he
    was picking the hulls up from Rudy Ramos and
    bringing them to his place in AZ.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/tn_raysons.JPG[/img]

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast