Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Drag Boat Hull

Cheyenne19
    Where in AR did you pick that up? And who is working them up? It looks great.

Greaser
    Lookin good Garry. Cant wait to see it in person.

sdba069
    Hey Bert, anytime. They are being built up in NW Arkansas by the guy who used to build Condor boats. We did a buy in to get dealer pricing. If you need info, give me a call. The contact info is on my website.

sdba069
    Hey 1R...... The old Cheyenne is for sell, so hopefully someone fairly local can pick up on it and keep it going. I've had a few calls on the banquet deal. From what I hear, with the exception of the Habeeb security guards at the hotel, it went pretty well. I've been off the board now for 3 years and it's funny, but I remember that one of the last issues that we voted on while I was there, was whether or not to do any more copoints races with IHBA. It was decided upon unanamously that we would not do any more copoints races, basically due to the MF fiasco from previously that year. The dust hadn't settled good after I left the board, when the next year's schedule came out with copoints races listed. Never did understand that, but I guess it doesn't matter. Glad it's done, now. I guess the parking issues were also resolved.

Cheyenne372
    Don't think that the parking issue was resolved at all. Here's what I heard as I sat in the crowd, but I've was accused of taking the words of the board too literally!
    If I get there first and want to hold a place for the 5 or 6 that ALWAYS park with me, they ALL have to be pre-paid or I cannot reserve spots for them....unless you pony up their entry fee money for them.
    A questionaire will be sent out and you are to submit the amount of space and number of vehicles that you will be bringing. Make sure you are a member or you might not get one.
    The board will lay out the pits and park you in the space that they assign for you.
    If people sleep in it, it will cost you $25.00 to park it in the pits.
    If it didn't drive through the gate pulling the boat, but it us used to put the boat in and out of the water, it will cost you $25.00.
    Sorry...not the right place to post this, but you asked!
    Go Team Petey!

where do you guys plan on racing this thing?
    also, how hard do the PGJ's at SDBA run?
    thanks
    cs

sdba069
    We run strictly SDBA. Paul and Marilyn make a race or two out here with the "Head Over Heels' boat and you know how they run. Jeremy Dickerson is the only one out here who has run a gearbox and I think he ran fairly respectable, though I don't remember his numbers. I say that, but I think Ledford may have fooled with one a little and Robbie Barrett tried one also before he got out of the PGJ thing. Mike Ledford is supposed to have both his Cheyenne and Edge running this year with gearboxes. If we have a few PGJ's show up then we tend to start drawing them out of the woodwork. A lot of our guys don't care much for the PCE deal, including us, but we'll have to run it if we are going to run. Hopefully, we can get a handle on ours pretty quick, but who knows.

I want to say I heard that Dickerson guy ran really low 8s.
    Thanks for all the replys and good luck with everything,hope to hear/see more as it comes along.
    Chris

UBFJ #454
    Gary - How much Hp do you think you'll lose running a gear box? I think Keith said at one time they felt they were losing somewhere around 60 in the 'Biz' ... That sound about right to you?

sdba069
    I really hadn't thought about it that much. HP loss as compared to the overall gains accomplished from allowing the engine to turn near optimum RPM and running an impeller that is more efficient leaving will offset quite a bit. I remember the old Casale underdrive boxes and they seemed to really sap the HP. I understand that Ledford is going to have one of those in his Cheyenne this year and an Owen's in the Edge.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast