Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Dual pane windows

EmpirE231
    anybody here a dealer or distributer? looking to get my windows replaced within the next 2-3 months. have got a rough quote from home depo for around $7,000 or so for all the windows... 2 story house... 1900 square feet.. don't remember how many windows total?
    has anybody here has theirs done?? any big differences to the temperature in you house... or reduced noise??

Tom Brown
    Don't forget to request the dog bark sound insulation.

Jbb
    Woof....

cdog
    anybody here a dealer or distributer? looking to get my windows replaced within the next 2-3 months. have got a rough quote from home depo for around $7,000 or so for all the windows... 2 story house... 1900 square feet.. don't remember how many windows total?
    has anybody here has theirs done?? any big differences to the temperature in you house... or reduced noise??

Just a FYI.. When I show homes where people have installed the Vinyl windows, the seller will chime in on how they have upgraded the windows and 9 times out of 10 the buyers see them as cheap and are not impressed or willing to pay more for the home because of them. I'd go with builder quality.

waterboy
    i went with milgard nice windows

YeLLowBoaT
    Don't let home depot do anything to your house...
    When it comes to windows you get what you pay for, same with the install. most ppl can't install a vinyl window and trim kit right to save thier life.

EmpirE231
    Don't forget to request the dog bark sound insulation.
    Bark sound insulation..... CHECK!!
    CDog ... do you mean they prefer steel windows over the vinyl windows? or don't go with the home depot brand windows?? I always thought the vunyl windows looked much better...
    Don't let home depot do anything to your house...
    yeah... my dad will be doing the install....very well experienced and free... can't beat that!

tcook33
    I'm a dealer located here in Simi. www.empirebuilderssupply.com
    What product did you get quoted from Home Depot? Window Master? If that's your budget, I have a vinyl window that matches in price but exceeds 10X in quality.
    Check out the site. Ignore the home page paragraph. It needs to be changed. We arent "builders", and that paragraph make us sound like builders. Our webmaster uploaded the wrong info and he hasnt changed it yet......
    Let me know.

ULTRA21XS
    I would go with milgard...They stand behind their product 100%....Problem you will have with some of the cheaper ones is that the dual pane windows will leak and they get all milky between the glass and you can never get it out. Milgard will replace them for the life. And i would NEVER use Home Depot for a project at my house....All they do is subcontract the work out...And then do not stand behind their sub contractors....Just my 2 cents....
    since were are on windows.....Here is a great window cleaner for your home
    So Cal Window Cleaning
    805-584-0718 Andrew

EmpirE231
    I put Milguard in my house. We called Lowes and got their measurement guys to make sure the windows fit, then ordered them.
    Not hard to install, wife is happy, but I agree that I'd rather have complete new frames rather than vinyl inside the original frames.
    Do they charge for the measuring?
    I plan on doing the retro-fit type?? where you replace the whole window I believe

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast