Thread: New Jersey Racing

Kindsvater Flat
    Anyone have any NJ racing links. I have a guy sending me emails wanting to get into flats back there.

*NAPALM*
    Good luck! i work there 6-8 months out of the year and i can't find shit i know of a few jets around toms river but no races.
    they might be able to run at lake hopatkong but i have never heard anything.

BigBoyToys
    Mike,
    Being from NJ originally myself (I can't believe I just admitted to that eek! ) I am aware of a few spots there. But for the most part, all of the racing out there is circles. Lake Hopatcong, the area that I'm from, does have APBA sanctioned racing and they usually run Pro Stock and K-Boats up there. There is also quite a bit of racing on a local level. That is in Northern NJ. I am not really sure about the central or southern NJ areas. My advice would be to get in touch with John Hipwell (Madness TFH Driver) over on the Dragboatracing.com forums (JHip). He lives at Lake Hopatcong and if anyone would know where all the action is, he would. The last time I lived back there was in the Late '80's but I don't recall much organized racing at that time. I still do have MANY relatives back there and maybe I can make a couple calls and see if I can get more info, but John would still be your best bet.
    Hope this helps.

DansBlown73Nordic
    There is one group of guys who have a race boat club called DVBRC-Delaware Valley Boat Race Club.If I could figure out how to post a link I would. They have a web site. They have three races a year. Two are in Sunbury PA and the other is in Harrisburg.
    This Sunday is a race in Sunbury P.A. Its on the Susqahana River. They put on a really great show... wink

HammerDown
    For an awsome Drag Boat Race Club here in the East Coast Pa area and there abouts go to> http://www.dvbrc.com/ we usually have 4 races a
    summer season, weather permiting. 2 in Sunbury and 2 in Harrisburg Pa.
    We offer a class for every one to Race in from Stock to Top Eliminator. Soooo check it out.
    Also several of the Racers get together almost every Saturday at the Rancocas Creek (off the Deleware River)...for test and tuning or just hanging out for a fun day. We also have a 1/4 mile set up there for some fun on the water.
    [ August 09, 2003, 05:16 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

FlatRacer
    HammerDown:
    I can't believe I've never been to Rancocas Creek on a Saturday!!!!
    I guess I'd heard about it, but assumed it was just a thing of the past.
    Holy sh!t, you mean you guys can still just "cruise the creek" on Saturdays unmolested by the cops???
    I need to know more.
    FR

CircleJerk
    OH oh, eRIcS loose.....Hey how are you? I now have in my formerly oil stained fingers, a list of outboard hydroplane clubs that are ready and have insurance for you to resume racing the Nostalgia way! Interested? Yes, I mean flatbottoms and even jet boats in a wild circular comparing speeds way! OH baby.....ornot smile_sp

FlatRacer
    Hey, Jerk, Wazzup?
    I am literally a set of plugs and a gallon of gas away from firing my engine up, but I really can't be bothered. How f@#ked up is that???
    Instead I'm taking my newly purchased '67 Donzi to Lake George for a picnic...........
    I must've been really hurt...heal me.
    FR argue