Thread: silent choice vs. silencer tips

H2O
    I am going to add a thru hull exhaust to my 350 MAG MPI Merc.
    I am trying to decide between going with Captains Call (Silent choice, etc.) vs full time thru hull full time with some type of silencer insert or tips. (BTW - I am not looking for full time, straight thru exhaust. The other factoid is that someday I would like to add a procharger to the engine.
    1) What are the pro's and cons of Captains Call vs. silencer tips. Obviously there are times when it would be nice to be "full silent", and there are maintenace concers with the flappers on the y pipes, but what else?
    2) Will a properly maintined Y pipe with flapper last a while if it properly cared for, or always be a maintenance item? What about salt water usage?
    3) Can anyone suggets some nice silencer tips? Corsa or other? I'm looking for a nice deep sound, not raspy, not too loud.
    Thanks to all.

TIMINATOR
    Many places with noise ordanances will NOT pass a switchable exhaust system for lake use. You don't say where you are at, but in some places you can get a ticket for the capability of having excessive noise. I have guns, so I am capable of committing murder too. What a crock. TIMINATOR