Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama...what a role model...

Outnumbered

Almost as hypocritical as Al Gore...
    Obama Pays Harvard $375 for Outstanding Parking Tickets
    Thursday , March 08, 2007
    BOSTON —
    Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama got more than an education when he attended Harvard Law School in the late 1980s. He also got a healthy stack of parking tickets, most of which he never paid.
    The Illinois senator shelled out $375 in January — two weeks before he officially launched his presidential campaign — to finally pay for 15 outstanding parking tickets and their associated late fees.
    The story was first reported Wednesday by The Somerville News.
    Obama received 17 parking tickets in Cambridge between 1988 and 1991, mostly for parking in a bus stop, parking without a resident permit and failing to pay the meter, records from the Cambridge Traffic, Parking and Transportation office show.
    He incurred $140 in fines and $260 in late fees in Cambridge in all, but he paid $25 for two of the tickets in February 1990.
    Jen Psaki, a spokeswoman for the Obama campaign, dismissed the tickets as not relevant.
    "He didn't owe that much and what he did owe, he paid," Psaki said on Wednesday. "Many people have parking tickets and late fees. All the parking tickets and late fees were paid in full."

YeLLowBoaT
    oh wow... parking tickets... thats some good dirt there...

OutCole'd
    Classic, don't go digging up any dirt on any other political figures, we wouldn't be able to elect anyone. Ask one of Rudys ex wifes if they have any dirt on him.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Have you tried to find a parking spot on a campus lately? Pretty frustrating to spend $500 on a parking permit and not be able to find ANY parking spot (even in the boondocks). As for not paying them, well, I agree that does not say much for his character. But if that's the worst he's done, I can overlook it.

Stingray69
    Yeah, but has he lied about any blowjobs? That's WAY more serious!
    Ever hear about the book about W that W's people got them to recall, just around the first term election, by the name of 'Fortunate Son'? No?

Outnumbered
    I don't know about you but I am an honest person and would never not pay a parking ticket. I even got a parking ticket on a truck the day before I traded it in. I thought about blowing it off but did the right thing. My point is how can you trust a weasel that tried to get out of FIFTEEN parking tickets? I guess the days of presidents being moral and ethical icons are long gone. Now they are all just scam artists and political weasels.

vdriver4ever
    Most of us have already determined if we like someone running or not... I have strong feelings about my party of choice so I can tell you Osama is not someone I would vote for.
    With that said this isn't enough information to decide if he would make a good president or not... however, I have too parked where and when I thought I might get a ticket.. and guess what, I paid it right away.
    I think this does say he at "one time" thought he was too good to follow the law and pay the price. It almost pisses me off that he would decide to pay them before running for president.
    Anyway its good conversation.

YeLLowBoaT
    Most of us have already determined if we like someone running or not... I have strong feelings about my party of choice so I can tell you Osama is not someone I would vote for.
    With that said this isn't enough information to decide if he would make a good president or not... however, I have too parked where and when I thought I might get a ticket.. and guess what, I paid it right away.
    I think this does say he at "one time" thought he was too good to follow the law and pay the price. It almost pisses me off that he would decide to pay them before running for president.
    Anyway its good conversation.
    If you have a un paid ticket, your technically a fugitive from justice.

XtrmWakeborder
    who cares......

vdriver4ever
    Me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast