Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sucked a couple of valves

Bigern
    Looks like I might be down for a month, gonna finally o/h my motor. It has had at least 8 seasons that I know of.

67weimann
    Hurry the hell up and get that thing back on the water. Are you gonna do anything special...stroker maybe?

Some Kind Of Monster
    Did you open it up to see the damage? Was it making any odd noise after the last time out? Let me know if I can help you out at all. 1 month tops!

Bigern
    Pulled it out yesterday and removed heads, one valve smacked the top of piston #3, one cracked, a couple are cupped. I will probably disassemble the bottom tommorow. :idea:

Some Kind Of Monster
    Pulled it out yesterday and removed heads, one valve smacked the top of piston #3, one cracked, a couple are cupped. I will probably disassemble the bottom tommorow. :idea:
    Post up some pics if you can :idea:

cave
    That sucks bro but better now than in the middle of summer.

Bigern
    April took a couple but I don't know how to post on here. Anyway I'm rolling out to Havi the 16th for spring break. i'm the designated drinker

AzMandella
    Hey Ern sorry to hear it.Check your PM's I sent you one.Call me I think I can give you some info that could save you some $ on parts.Either way get that bitch back together because when I come up there I'd like to see you there.Or just go with Vin.

GUGS102
    Ern,
    I've got a set of stainless 2.19 1.88 valves and comp springs sitting here on the bench that I can't use. Let me know if you are intrested. Springs are flat tappet pn #911 I think, let me know if you are interested and I'll look. Pretty sure the valves already have a 3 angle cut.
    Gugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast