Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Need to ID this Boat's Owners

Goad
    Goad,
    Is that notch at the top of the stinger or in the back bottom corner? Often the stingers were notched to allow for drainage to the center of the bilge for drainage.
    Tom,
    its across the top of the stringer....i will try to take a picture of it soon.
    -Brad

Goad
    heres a picture of the stringer....sorry about the fuzzy corners....my 'fisher price' camera has some serious shutter issues.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1174871874

Wizard612
    Can't remember ever putting in a notch there. It looks like it might have been put in to get a battery cable from a battery in the right rear corner of the hull to the starter right rear corner of the motor. Again, ask Craig.

Goad
    Can't remember ever putting in a notch there. It looks like it might have been put in to get a battery cable from a battery in the right rear corner of the hull to the starter right rear corner of the motor. Again, ask Craig.
    Tom, I would put my money on that it was done well after the Millet family sold it.
    The trailer has been rewired for lighting and I am headed to the DMV in the morning to get the numbers straightened out on it.
    Does anyone know where the ID numbers on an early '70s A&M trailer would be stamped? or did they not stamp their trailers back then? It would make my trip to the DMV a little more pleasant.

Wizard612
    My trailer was stamped on a frame rail near the hitch. I could have clocked the DMV monkey that took a hammer to my new trailer!!!
    If it's not on the top of a rail look on an inside of the channel looking up. It should be visable without getting down on the ground. Those little idiots at the DMV didn't want to look too hard for a number so they always put it in a location that would screw up the best of paint jobs.

Goad
    My trailer was stamped on a frame rail near the hitch. I could have clocked the DMV monkey that took a hammer to my new trailer!!!
    If it's not on the top of a rail look on an inside of the channel looking up. It should be visable without getting down on the ground. Those little idiots at the DMV didn't want to look too hard for a number so they always put it in a location that would screw up the best of paint jobs.
    I will take a look tonight when I get home....
    I am not too concerned about them messin up the paint job since its getting a makeover anyways. The harness that was made for the railer is comepletely removeable so I wont have to wire it again when I do go to paint it.
    Another question....while standing around the boat this weekend drinkin beers....we started wondering that the hole on the passanger side dash was....since there was only 1, we ruled out it was a 'oh shit' handle unless it was a "T" of some sort. After reviewing the older pictures you sent, it appears the interior wrapped around and covered part of the dash. was that connected to the seat? or was it a seperate piece? how much further did it wrap around on the passanger side? I can only see where it meets up with the gauges.

Wizard612
    I just looked at the old pix of the trailer I sent you. The jack and castoring wheel weren't on the trailer originally. Look under the bolted bracket for a number. Use the old pix for reference. The original jack can probably be fixed so you can get rid of that bolt on piece.

Goad
    I just looked at the old pix of the trailer I sent you. The jack and castoring wheel weren't on the trailer originally. Look under the bolted bracket for a number. Use the old pix for reference. The original jack can probably be fixed so you can get rid of that bolt on piece.
    I was planning on repairing the original one. I am not a fan of the bolt on ones. I will also check under the bolt on one for the numbers. Thanks!

Lightning
    What a great thread....this is amazing history and also what this website used to be all about. Congrats on the great find - boat and history to go with it.

squirt'nmyload
    thread of the year