Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to ID this Boat's Owners

Wizard612
    Just thought I would join in the fun!!! Craig and I lived about a half a block from each other and went to High School together but I was a year in front of him. One of my best friends was the previously mentioned Craig Peterson. One day the two Craigs and Jeff came by wanting to borrow my tools. I told them I had to go with them. Thus started a 35 yr friendship with Craig and I became the fourth member of the team. Don't get too excited now but I was the unofficial photographer of the team and I have probably a thousand photos of race boats in the 70's. Last night I waded through some of them and picked out a handful. ( including Peterson sleeping on the Rasberry's seat cushions in the dirt at bluewater ) I have numerous shots though a bit far off of the rasberry racing. Craig is much too modest about his accomplishments, so that will allow me to brag for him. No one realizes that our team did many firsts. First grates (along with Steve), first bottom blueprinting, first jet hondo circle boat I think, and the first guys to circle race a jet tunnel. We did that with two boats, mine in ski Jet II and Craig's in Comp Jet.[EMAIL="tnusbickel@rap-architects.com"]

Wizard612
    Just thought I would join in the fun!!! Craig and I lived about a half a block from each other and went to High School together but I was a year in front of him. One of my best friends was the previously mentioned Craig Peterson. One day the two Craigs and Jeff came by wanting to borrow my tools. I told them I had to go with them. Thus started a 35 yr friendship with Craig and I became the fourth member of the team. Don't get too excited now but I was the unofficial photographer of the team and I have probably a thousand photos of race boats in the 70's. Last night I waded through some of them and picked out a handful. ( including Peterson sleeping on the Rasberry's seat cushions in the dirt at bluewater ) I have numerous shots though a bit far off of the rasberry racing. Craig is much too modest about his accomplishments, so that will allow me to brag for him. No one realizes that our team did many firsts. First grates (along with Steve), first bottom blueprinting, first jet hondo circle boat I think, and the first guys to circle race a jet tunnel. We did that with two boats, mine in ski Jet II and Craig's in Comp Jet.[EMAIL="tnusbickel@rap-architects.com"]

Goad
    I am beyond speachless....I never expected to get this much out of this thread...and I havent even seen a picture yet.....now youre telling me you have a ton of them?! My head is gunna explode
    I cant wait to see all of these pictures.

Wizard612
    Most of my pix are slides and my slide scanner is down but I do have one print of Rasberry at speed scanned in. Contact me by E-mail and I'll reply it back. PS when & where are those races?

Goad
    Most of my pix are slides and my slide scanner is down but I do have one print of Rasberry at speed scanned in. Contact me by E-mail and I'll reply it back. PS when & where are those races?
    There are NJBA Drags this weekend at Ming.
    An email has been sent!

Goad
    Here she is....in all her glory....
    http://www.socaljetboats.com/index.p...0;attach=1077; image
    ...i dont know what to say....

thank you guys very much!

bp
    ...i dont know what to say....

thank you guys very much!
    first thing you say is, "i got a lot of work to do"...

Goad
    first thing you say is, "i got a lot of work to do"...
    haha....you guys have no idea....I've got a Wriedt that im already working on and have to finish before I can even think about working on this one....
    I have more then 'a lot of work' to do.
    Its going to be a busy summer.

So are you going to restore the paint/lettering to original, or modernize it?

Goad
    So are you going to restore the paint/lettering to original, or modernize it?
    I have gotten asked this question before several times and I think at this point, it is still way too soon to say.
    When I first bought the boat and saw the original raspberry gelcoat, I wasnt a fan of it and had been kicking around new color scheme ideas, but never really settled on anything.
    Now that I have opened this can of worms with this thread (in a good way) ....I feel willingly obligated to restore this thing to its original condition......and even now that I have seen an actual picture of the boat and can make out that there is a color scheme (the white stripe)....I originally thought it was a single color boat, but had suspicion something layed uder that ugly black paint someone slopped on...
    I will need Craig and crew help to do this though. I will need as many detailed pictures, stories, descriptions, etc as I can they can come up with.
    ....so in short.....it is undecided, but at this point, I am leaning heavily towards bringing it back to its original condition so it will retain its historical value and will be a boat to show that has a good depth of history and fun stories to go along with it.
    It would just be another boat on the lake if I did anything else with it. I'm excited to bring this boat back to its original condition to a T.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast