Thread: So close but....

raisinL
    Well the rebuild went well. I found cracks in the heads and 2 bad rings. Everything inside the mill is new with all new MSD ingnition. Now the bad news While installing the distributor I notice it had a crack in the cap. The new one will be here monday. It will be a long night tonite.lol
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...s/278f5795.jpg

blown428fe
    Looking good. Not sure how low your boat sits in the water but you might want to pick a drier spot for that MSD unit.

502 JET
    Its looking good!!
    At least you found the cracked cap now and did not spend weeks chasing a problem.
    On my buds Kachina we mounted his MSD 6AL in the same location as yours.His boat also had a splash shield.Needless to say I towed him in one evening because he lost spark.The next day we poured water out of the box it was about three trips old and was fried.I hope for your sake that marine unit is more forgiving in that wet location.

raisinL
    Thanks for the advice 428. I made a rubber flap to cover it and they say its waterproof. But we'll see

raisinL
    Its looking good!!
    At least you found the cracked cap now and did not spend weeks chasing a problem.
    On my buds Kachina we mounted his MSD 6AL in the same location as yours.His boat also had a splash shield.Needless to say I towed him in one evening because he lost spark.The next day we poured water out of the box it was about three trips old and was fried.I hope for your sake that marine unit is more forgiving in that wet location.
    Hope to have no problem I went with all marine stuff. But now you guys got me thinking. Where be a good spot to mount maybe the back seat?

502 JET
    The back seat may be a good choice but if you want to remove the seat you would have unscrew the box first.I would try to stay in front of the engine toward mid ship.

raisinL
    The back seat may be a good choice but if you want to remove the seat you would have unscrew the box first.I would try to stay in front of the engine toward mid ship.
    Thanks guys sounds like good advice to me. The dryer the better I'd bet. It's looks so good maybe I'll put a hitch on my stang and parade it around for a few weeks. lol
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...s/IM000586.jpg