Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Moses Lake 2

Konabud
    If we do an Alder trip we'll have the truck and the wagon, so pulling an extra boat out wouldn't be a problem. I'm still planning to get to Mossy Rock and check it out, hopefully a little later this month. Will post pic's and info once I do.
    Gary, I went down to Mossyrock park last year (and a couple of weeks ago but it was mostly closed) it's fantastic! You can check out the campsite availability on line through the same site as alder lake (they're both owned by Tacoma power) It looks like most of the sites down close to the water are already booked for most of the weekends through the summer but there are some campsites up top in the Birds eye view section that could be had if we reserved soon. I wouldn't wait too long though. It's also great for a day trip or two. They have a lot of trailer parking space at the boat ramp so if you get there fairly early you can get in. We're definetly in for a Riffe lake trip.
    Creg

Konabud
    Sounds like fun. I think we'd be in for that. What was the cost per night ? I think you said you've boated there before ? Good area to play around in ? I'd like to verify a safe nights sleep for my boat. Or if nothing else we can launch-n-load each day/night. Easier if we had someone with a car/truck, but we can do it with the coach no problem.
    It's $22.00 a night for water and power hookups and they have have a RV dump by the entrance. Yeah it's a great lake to play in! I went a couple of times before my starter quit at the end of the year lol. I know they lock the gates at night so the boats aren't going anywhere. The website shows where the boat parking is. There is some dock space but it's first come first serve so there's no garuntee that you can get a space, I'll probably take the camper off the truck to launch so it should available.

1968Droptop
    It's $22.00 a night for water and power hookups and they have have a RV dump by the entrance. Yeah it's a great lake to play in! I went a couple of times before my starter quit at the end of the year lol. I know they lock the gates at night so the boats aren't going anywhere. The website shows where the boat parking is. There is some dock space but it's first come first serve so there's no garuntee that you can get a space, I'll probably take the camper off the truck to launch so it should available.
    Lets make a date (no I'm not asking you out....
    ). The wife said it sounds like fun.
    Speaking of dates. What about the original thread, a Moses Lake date ?

malcolm
    Maybe July 22-23? Give me a month to recover from Shasta.

1968Droptop
    Maybe July 22-23? Give me a month to recover from Shasta.
    Remember when we were young(er), and it only took a night to recover ? Now it takes weeks/months
    Our calander says that'll work. If that'll work for everyone else, lets call n get reservations.

malcolm
    I can still recover pretty easy, just the wallet than has a hard time of it.
    Here's a couple more build pics.
    Here's the HV oil pump kit that Summit came through with.
    http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build16.JPG
    And the one head that's done.
    http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/build17.JPG
    I also just ordered a Crane XR-I unit to put in my old point-style dist. Sounds like the hot ticket to loose the points and get a rev limiter to boot. I tried Jegs this time just to see how they compare with Summit. So far Summit's a little cheaper (like 60 cents) and their online ordering pages work better. Maybe Jegs will do a little better in packing and shipping, we'll see.

1968Droptop
    I can still recover pretty easy, just the wallet than has a hard time of it.
    Here's a couple more build pics.
    LOL, I hear you. The damage can take a while to repair. Thos epix look great ! You've got to be getting excited :220v: :220v: :220v:. How big of a pan are you installing ?

malcolm
    The 'pan plan' is to steal and clean up the pan off my 403. It's an 8 qt T-style. It works with my three point mounts so I can keep the crosspipe.

1968Droptop
    Check out my galleries. I've been busy
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...r=3320&cat=500

Tahiti350
    Malcolm,
    I just e-mailed Firecrackerkid (Geary), he may be picking up 2 boats over there this month, both with 455 power. They are parts/rebuilder boats, wasn't sure if you still needed any parts or not. PM me for his phone/e-mail if you want to talk to him.
    This may be of interest to others with 455 Olds power also....

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast