Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scion Car - Opinion

JetBoatRich
    My daughter is graduating H.S. in couple months and I made a deal with her. She does well, she gets a new car, she kept her side of the bargain. She sold her 97 T-Bird last night and now it is time to step up.
    She likes the Scion either a TC or XB. looks for any thoughts and/or experiences

Jbb
    X box is cool lookin for kids....and very popular.....and made by Toyota,so likely very dependable...
    This one was at the World of Wheels last year...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0DSCF0137w.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0DSCF0138w.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0DSCF0139w.JPG

mobldj
    whats the survivability against...say a suv.

bilgewiper
    I've got a '05 xB that I bought new and now have 54k miles on with absolutly no problems. Bought it exclusivly for running the carpool to school/errands etc. and then giving it to my daughter when she goes to college. It's got the automatic tranny and loaded with 5 passengers running 70+ up a 1800' elevation change to school and back it gets 31 mpg tank after tank (46mi commute). Two of the hills its in 3rd gear WOT at almost 4500-5000rpm. I've gotten as high as 34mpg and low as 27 around town. The hardest thing to get used to is the ride..........its hard, think 5yd. dump truck hard. Its loud, but it does come with a decent stock stereo. You can change the 3.7qt.s of oil and filter without jacking the car up. 5000mi intervals instead of 7500 which sucks. The back seats have far more leg/knee room than the front even with front seats all the way back. Ton's of head room. Other than that it's a fun toy car that has tons of stuff avalable from the aftermarket to snazz it up with.

Sigus
    We bought for our daughter one last year when she graduated. She loves the it. Not sure how many miles are on it but have not had any problems with it other then she does not have a clue how to keep it clean.
    Gas millage is great and ride is very good for a car in this price range. Their are also a lot of add ons for this ride.
    Good luck with which ever direction you go.

BigDoug
    Rich, does Missy really deserve a new Toyota ??????...........................of course she does !!...................those cars are very dependable and fun for the youth minded and probably pretty safe, do some home work and you'll find a good deal out there im sure !!.....good luck and tell the family hi from us. Doug, Richelle and Josh (Army)

Jetdriver
    You know my opinion.

98 Vector 21
    Nice cars....1.5L in the XB, The TC is 2.4L the 08 Xb is going to have the TC motor. They are all pure priced whitch means it sells for sticker nothing more (except adds AE: wheels, upgrades) nothing less....Check out the web site you can get pre-approved, pick your car options print it out take it to the dealer walk out with that car that price in a couple hours....http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...C03906-med.JPG

Indiansprings
    Our TC has been great. They have the Camery motor in them. I recommend it over an XB.

Jyruiz
    I would get her the XB, nice little car, four doors, lots of room and great on gas.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast