Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bolt Pattern for front of BBC Wanted

retromek
    Making a front mount plate any one have it in a pdf or dwg or somthing like that.

superdave013
    good luck. I have asked for this a few times myself.
    So if anyone has this info look and see if ya have it for the back (bellhousing) side also.
    You would think getting a cad type of drawing of a bbc would be pretty easy.

Pick up a copy of "Chevy Power". Got mine at my local GM Performance Parts dealer. There are blueprints of both ends, the sides, the heads, etc...... If I can get my scanner working I'll put some up.

retromek
    Sounds good...If I can get one of those books I can put it into anytype CAD and PDF.Will post it as soon as I get one.
    Thanks

The correct title of the book is "Chevrolet Power-The Official Factory Performance Guide". It is published by GM. My copy was the 7th Edition, published in 94. Hopefully there is a newer version.....
    This is the front of the motor. You will note that there is no information for the upper left mounting hole(upper right in the pic). The GenV print is the same way. I would be inclined to double check the measurements as some just don't seem right.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...3BBC_Front.jpg

GofastRacer
    I don't understand all this high tech measuring here, just put your tranfer punches in the holes, put the plate up against them, tap tap, drill your holes done deal, trim accordingly!.. That's all I do!..

I don't understand all this high tech measuring here, just put your tranfer punches in the holes, put the plate up against them, tap tap, drill your holes done deal, trim accordingly!.. That's all I do!..
    Yep.

retromek
    Ok its probably faster your way, But Lets say you want to integrate an alt mount or cutout for a fuel pump, plumbing mounts etc. It's way easier (for me) to work it out a pattern on the computier then print it out and 3M spray glue it to the aluminum. Then cut at will. Lot less wasted material that way.
    Anyhow if anyone wants this in PDF i'll post when finished unless someone else is faster. Thanks Oldsquirt

GofastRacer
    Ok its probably faster your way, But Lets say you want to integrate an alt mount or cutout for a fuel pump, plumbing mounts etc. It's way easier (for me) to work it out a pattern on the computier then print it out and 3M spray glue it to the aluminum. Then cut at will. Lot less wasted material that way.
    Anyhow if anyone wants this in PDF i'll post when finished unless someone else is faster. Thanks Oldsquirt
    No big deal, like I said trim accordingly. No matter what you do you're starting out with a square plate, just put it on and locate your accessories and when you're done trim it all out, but if you want to do it the hard way, have at it!..

wsuwrhr
    Come on GoFast,
    EMBRACE the CNC, it is your friend.
    Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast