Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Tires

LUVNLIFE
    Well I lost a Carlisle on the way to the lake today so I know the other three are on there way out. So what is the best? I had Denmans on another trailer that seemed to do alright and but with the season coming on I want some goo tires on the trailer. As always thanks in advance, Cale.
    PS I know this thread has been done before but help a brother out.

curtis73
    I've had terrible luck with both Goodyear Marathons and Carlisle. Both have had trouble with recalls and defects, but according to Carlisle they have changed manufacturers and the problems are gone.
    Check to see if your Carlisles have a recall, mine did and I got new ones for the cost of mounting. No problems yet.

Outnumbered
    Towmaster V (Roman "five") from Greenball Tire

STV_Keith
    Check to see if your Carlisles have a recall, mine did and I got new ones for the cost of mounting.
    Where did you find this information? I have 13 between my two trailers.

curtis73
    Where did you find this information? I have 13 between my two trailers.
    I grew up in Carlisle, PA, and many of my friends/family have worked for them over the years.... but actually that information came from the customer service person I spoke with about the recall on my tires. It was also very obvious... the Carlisle tire I had that blew was a a completely different look, tread, carcass from the one they used to replace it. They were both Radial Trail 225/75-16, but the new ones were obviously a whole different tire.

curtis73
    Towmaster V (Roman "five") from Greenball Tire
    Are they still rebadged Marathons, or have they changed suppliers?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Greenball Towmaster, and order them in the highest load rating you can.
    I have E series on my trailers. You can feel the towing difference with the much higher pressures. Excellent.
    Americas has the best prices and best standard warranty.
    For a few bux more you can get their no hassle cert warranty and it's a good investment.
    Good chance you'll eventually use it.
    Big O in Havasu sells them but offers no warranty.
    Carlisle is now a div of Goodyear.

4day!!
    I've had terrible luck with both Goodyear Marathons and Carlisle. Both have had trouble with recalls and defects, but according to Carlisle they have changed manufacturers and the problems are gone.
    Check to see if your Carlisles have a recall, mine did and I got new ones for the cost of mounting. No problems yet.
    I lost 3 goodyear marathons within 2 trips last year. They were only 2 years old and i only trailer from needles to havi. I also always check air pressure and bearings every time i pick the boat up from storage. I have never heard a good word about the marathons. I went with all greenball.

STV_Keith
    Called Carlisle this morning and the nice woman (NOT) that answered the phone rudely told me they have NEVER had a recall on their tires.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast