Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pressure set up

Konabud
    Hey!
    I'm adding a pressure regulator to the water system on my boat. I know how it's supposed to hook up but I'm not seeing any real clean way to mount it. It will look similar to Hi-Techs setup only with the dial regulator from Rex. Does anyone have any pics of their install? I'd really like to see some options if it's not too much trouble.
    Thanks,
    Creg
    AKA Konabud

Taylorman
    I have the perfect picture for you but i don't have it on my office computer. I'll post it tonight.

Konabud
    Thanks, I'll be looking forward to them

flat broke
    While you're waiting for Taylormans pic, something to remember. The increments on the valve you have do not correspond to the actual pressure inside the block. In order to set the system up properly, you should have a gauge on the block and adjust the bypass to open at whatever PSI you want to limit everything to at WOT. You will make the most water pressure at WOT hence the reason you set the bypass based upon the block pressure at that RPM.
    Good luck with it,
    Chris

Konabud
    Thanks for the info. Will the pressure that the regulator passes vary with different RPM? I was thinking it wouldn't care and just bypass anything over the set (by gauge) pressure so that at 1000 or 5000 it would bypass anything over say 20lbs.

Taylorman
    Thanks for the info. Will the pressure that the regulator passes vary with different RPM? I was thinking it wouldn't care and just bypass anything over the set (by gauge) pressure so that at 1000 or 5000 it would bypass anything over say 20lbs.
    Thats correct. The bypass does not read rpms it reads pressure.

Konabud
    While you're waiting for Taylormans pic, something to remember. The increments on the valve you have do not correspond to the actual pressure inside the block. In order to set the system up properly, you should have a gauge on the block and adjust the bypass to open at whatever PSI you want to limit everything to at WOT. You will make the most water pressure at WOT hence the reason you set the bypass based upon the block pressure at that RPM.
    Good luck with it,
    Chris
    Where is the best place on the engine to put the pressure gauge?

Well ... you're gonna have to look through all of the spagetti to kinda see it ... but it's there ... this was mid-disassembly for the rebuild ...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...llwing_007.jpg

that is if you are looking for a transom set up regulating pressure to the engine ... I guess I should have said that ...

Konabud
    that is if you are looking for a transom set up regulating pressure to the engine ... I guess I should have said that ...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...12pressure.JPG
    That's exactly what I want to do although my supply from the pump comes through the transom and then bends down toward the bottom of the boat. How does your's attach at the transom? I can't quite see it (squinting hard)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast