Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sold the Porsche

CBadDad
    I got an offer for my P-Car that was too good to refuse from a collector so I let her go. It was the right thing to do for many reasons.
    1, She was the last year of the air cooled engines and I was only using it as a weekend driver.
    2, Having three kids there wasn't enough room for everybody. Those back seats are small!
    3, I made about $5K on the deal after two years and almost 10K miles. Who says buying a car is a bad investment?
    So anyways, I've upgraded my avatar accordingly.

Jyruiz
    Congrats.

phebus
    So, what toy are you going to roll the money into? You know if you don't, the money will never be there again. Such is family life....................:idea:

CBadDad
    So, what toy are you going to roll the money into? You know if you don't, the money will never be there again. Such is family life....................:idea:
    Ain't that the truth.
    I'm putting myself into a position for buying a house (boring). So most of it will be stashed into a savings account with the rest of my proceeds from the divorce (which was finalized in Nov '04). I've been patiently waiting, although it looks like I'm gonna sit on the fence until this time next year unless I run across a smokin' deal.
    In the mean time, I have already booked a couple of long weekends at the River.
    I am also looking into a motorcycle. Been selling off all of the desert toys because the kids are too busy with their lives/sports to get away, but I still want/need to ride. Not too mention my passion for speed.

SHOTKALLIN
    Ain't that the truth.
    I'm putting myself into a position for buying a house (boring). So most of it will be stashed into a savings account with the rest of my proceeds from the divorce (which was finalized in Nov '04). I've been patiently waiting, although it looks like I'm gonna sit on the fence until this time next year unless I run across a smokin' deal.
    In the mean time, I have already booked a couple of long weekends at the River.
    I am also looking into a motorcycle. Been selling off all of the desert toys because the kids are too busy with their lives/sports to get away, but I still want/need to ride. Not too mention my passion for speed.
    where do you want to buy?

WYRD
    I got an offer for my P-Car that was too good to refuse from a collector so I let her go. It was the right thing to do for many reasons.
    1, She was the last year of the air cooled engines and I was only using it as a weekend driver.
    2, Having three kids there wasn't enough room for everybody. Those back seats are small!
    3, I made about $5K on the deal after two years and almost 10K miles. Who says buying a car is a bad investment?
    So your saying items in your avatar are for sale :idea:
    Congrats on the sale

Focker
    NICE LOOKING CAR

CBadDad
    where do you want to buy?
    Gotta stay in Carlsbad because of the kids, which is tuff to do on a firemans salary.
    So your saying items in your avatar are for sale :idea:
    Not anymore...

Dan Lorenze
    My father in-law has the same year car but in a funky blue color. He loves it... He says there's a nickname for that year, basket handle or something like that...

CBadDad
    My father in-law has the same year car but in a funky blue color. He loves it... He says there's a nickname for that year, basket handle or something like that...
    Ya, there's a little light bar that runs over the rear spoiler.
    I'll miss that car, but it was only a car. Besides, the only way to drive that thing correctly is on a track. Hopefully one day I'll have another, only a convertable with Tiptronic transmission for dinner dates and beach cruises.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast