Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Spring Schiada Notta Regatta

Schiada Time
    Shave it down and run it. It should pull damn close or at desired RPM.
    By the way-How come your boat does not have a non-skid deck? i don't believe Schiada ever laid them up this way without non skid. Previous owner must have done away with it.
    Travis

Highlimit9000
    Shave it down and run it. It should pull damn close or at desired RPM.
    By the way-How come your boat does not have a non-skid deck? i don't believe Schiada ever laid them up this way without non skid. Previous owner must have done away with it.
    Travis
    yes he did when he painted it.

Schiada Time
    Corleone- Call asplund and talk to Daryl. he set me straight on the C-500. he said over time from them getting hot the case expands and then the seals do not "seal". He said it is a quick and easy fix and it did not sound like it would be too much $$$. My boat is stored right around the corner from there so I think I will take it to him shortly.
    travis

05schiada
    Corleone,
    Boat looked great this weekend congrats on your project. I know these things take a long time but well worth it in the end. Your prop sound to be on the big side as far as the diamater goes mine runs a 11 1-/2 x 15 2 blade Braaksma prop which I've run on both of my Schiada's with great sucess. But I'm sure you have heard no two props are alike. I am having a 11 3/4 x 15 prop being made right now once I get it you are more than welcome to try my prop that is on the boat know. I have also had the conversation with prop guys that on paper it never seems to translate to the real world, But I have found that around 20% slipage factored into the equation seems to be a good rule of thumb.
    Steve

Highlimit9000
    Corleone,
    Boat looked great this weekend congrats on your project. I know these things take a long time but well worth it in the end. Your prop sound to be on the big side as far as the diamater goes mine runs a 11 1-/2 x 15 2 blade Braaksma prop which I've run on both of my Schiada's with great sucess. But I'm sure you have heard no two props are alike. I am having a 11 3/4 x 15 prop being made right now once I get it you are more than welcome to try my prop that is on the boat know. I have also had the conversation with prop guys that on paper it never seems to translate to the real world, But I have found that around 20% slipage factored into the equation seems to be a good rule of thumb.
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, Yah I am not sure if I should do anything with the prop. The Motor made power up to 5600 on the dyno. I spoke with Tom Bentley and he was saying that cutting down the prop would not increase the RPM. He said if I was to do anything it would be to put 45's in it instead of the 48's. Not sure if it would be worth the change for 300 RPM. I would love to try that 11 1/2 just to see what it does. Yah Tom said the 20% slippage is a good number to use. That would put me around 90MPH. Gonna have a GPS next time to see something accurate. The boat so far feels good and fast. Of course I have only been in 1 other boat that did above 90 MPH. I did 97 MPH in Pierre's (Obsessive Compulsive) on the boards, Old Sanger 21. My boat feels just as fast. Of course its hard to tell at those speeds, and being a driver and not a passenger is a much different feel. I think not being in control makes things seem way faster. Alot of people think they do 100 MPH, but anyware between 90 and 100 is a very respectable speed. Call me if you are in the Vegas/lake Mead Area. I do go to Havasu and Laughlin/Bullhead alot also. 702-277-6818 Take care John

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415