Thread: Wriedt Stinger Pics

driptruck
    I own an 18 footer and would like to see some other peoples versions! I hope to post some pics of my own soon. I did a few searches but only found a couple pics.

Goad
    I own an 18 footer and would like to see some other peoples versions! I hope to post some pics of my own soon. I did a few searches but only found a couple pics.
    I have a '69 wriedt stinger 16 footer that im doing a full restoration on....
    tons of pictures here:
    http://www.socaljetboats.com/index.php?topic=11.0
    Post up some pics of yours!
    -Brad

wfoflat
    My dad is original owner of a wriedt stinger 18 . He told me he bought it in 1969 but it was a 1970? Its gold metal flake and black and has the original 455 olds in it. He has never done anything to the motor but oil changes spark plugs and wires. The boat is like brand new.Sometimes when I look at it in the garage I can't believe he's had it that long!!!

driptruck
    GOAD the project looks great mine has been cleaned up cosmetically (updated) I was wondering what speeds yours ran stock beforethe resto? Thanks for the pics hopefully more will come!

Goad
    GOAD the project looks great mine has been cleaned up cosmetically (updated) I was wondering what speeds yours ran stock beforethe resto? Thanks for the pics hopefully more will come!
    Its actually my cousin's boat....been in the family since '70....and it never has been gps'd or raced.....or even meant to go fast. It's been a family lake boat its whole life dragging kids around the lake. It only has a SBC 350 in it.
    We are doing a full resto on it to bring it back to life and see if it will last another 3 generations.
    Heres a picture of me in it when i was about 6....
    http://www.socaljetboats.com/index.p...0;attach=669;i mage

LuckyDaze
    Looks like those things can handle some decent chop. Thats a hellova V they have on the bottom!
    ~Brian

driptruck
    They do well in the chop, good for me cuz I use it as much on the big lakes as I do on the river. Mine looks a little different it has a cover for the motor and it seems to be lower profile but that might be the paint scheme.