Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Tires

HBjet
    I need to purchase new tires for my trailer and I was wondering what everyone else runs. Trailer tires? Car tires? What size? What brand? etc...
    On my last trailer I always had car tires and never had a problem.
    HBjet

On my last trailer I always had car tires and never had a problem.
    HBjetMe neither . Dont know the size off hand but I do need a new one.
    -beerjet-

Wicked Performance Boats
    If you had
    G78-14, try 205 75 r14 Budlight

79centurion
    I run BFGs on the pickleforks trailer and trailer tires on the daycruiser since they were on it when I got it. Car tires are fine for light boats.
    Dan

victorfb
    no, i think he wants to roll on some 22s now. aint that right randy?

HBjet
    I think I should remove one axle and just have a single... then run 24's! haha..
    well, the tires on there now are old. Summit Tires. the numbers on there are 7.00-14LT and they also say Highway-LT
    HBjet

v-drive
    Car tires are fine on smaller boats. I will say that I put trailer tires on the daycruiser and have noticed a substantial difference in the way the trailer tows. It is also easier to move around the garage. I think it has to do with the sidewalls having more strength. The rating goes from 1500 lbs to 1800 lbs.
    This is just what I have noticed. :coffeycup v-drive

Carnivalride
    Well I've never run trailer tires on my current boat but as others have said trailer tires have stiffer side walls and are made to carry more weight. However my flat is on a tandem axles trailer and the total weight boat trailer and fuel is 2800lbs. I'm just running car tires and there rated at 1580lbs each so the weight load is definitely not an issure for me. I need new ones because they've dry rotted (old) other than that I've never had an issue.

Check the prices on car tires vs. trailer tires Randy..................it'll be an easy decision.
    They're very proud of those trailer tires. If I remember right I could buy three car radials for
    the price of one trailer tire (or close to it anyway).
    Incidently, thanks for sending the bowl photos.
    Dan

roscoe p coltraine
    Been running regular passenger car tires.the weight rating on them is fine for lighter boats.Get in the heavy tank boat range and higher rating is needed.Plus they cost alot less vs trailer tires.Stop by cooters garage he sometimes has a weekend gargage sale here and there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast