Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To Dyno or not to Dyno

That is the question. When building a new motor or rebuilding an existing motor, (making some changes) do you throw it on the dyno? Why or why not?

ole gordie will do it for nada, so I'd go it

Gordie spends more time on the dyno than anyone I know.

I would do it except I ran out of money just after I bought a couple of spark plugs... Sure hope they last the whole year...
    Steve

I would do it except I ran out of money just after I bought a couple of spark plugs... Sure hope they last the whole year...
    Steve
    So you are saying you would dyno if you had the money? I was just reading on The V drive site about the whole timing and dyno issue.. thought I would bring it up over here.

I would love to dyno the new motor but we are out of money and out of time... I think that Art dosen't see much use in it from his posts on Az Don's site but we haven't even talked about it since we are out of time... I would really like to see how and where the motor puts out the torque and HP. Oh well, we don't have the time anyway... Maybe next year.
    Steve

I think the blown injected deals require a dyno that can handle that kind of power. I have never been around when a K motor was dynoed. I heard the motor in Chuck Boyds boat made over 1600hp. When I first started boat racing I was totally against dynoing. I thought it was pointless and a waste of money. Fast forward to today and I think you are crazy if you dont dyno a new motor or altered motor.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Art Anderson doesn't need a dyno, he revs his motors to redline while squeezing the dampner in one hand manually measuring its resistance.
    And no, he doesn't hurt the dampner...

Carnivalride
    I was just reading on The V drive site about the whole timing and dyno issue.. thought I would bring it up over here.
    Man look at you trying to stir the pot!!! :2purples: You saw what it did over on the other forum so what do you go and do?!??!?

I would not use one unless I personally knew the operator and can be there to over see it!..
    I am particularly interested in this response. What are you implying Art? Are you saying that dyno operators are disreputable?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast