Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slightly bummed...

MAXIMUS
    This has been on my mind for some time now & I would like to bi tch! It is in my opinion that boat racing as well as many types of racing are becoming extinct very slowly. Everywhere I see people are trying to bring back what we are slowly loosing. The parker enduro was a tremedous revival... I thought & was proud to be a part of! I was in shock to see what a weak article that hot boat did on it. The approach was totally half ass. The picture of Plan B was not of that race but of long beach. There was no shots of 2nd or 3rd place. There were no shots of the race for that matter. 2 nice shots of the 4th place team? I really had hoped that hot boat would have jumped on the band wagon & helped the cause to promote & get the word out so next year could be bigger & stronger! It appeared to me that they did a curtousy mention at the last minute & just made shiat up if they didn't have facts... Really dissapointing in my book!
    P.S. I put this in v-drives becuase of its nature...

superdave013
    Maxipad, pick up the next issue of "Family & Performance Boating"
    I hear there is something in there about the Enduro as well.

CircleJerk
    Ben, I feel your pain. Not much race coverage period, but you have to admit there is much more v stuff in the mag than ever before. I know when they did the article on George from our Nostalgia group, Kevin promised to do a follow up on our success story. We were interviewed, so I guess he tried but the big brass must have not considered it interesting. I sent four or five discs of great action shots and I think most would have enjoyed viewing so many old boats returning to action. No deal so far, just California Nostalgia boats. Maybe when Nostalgia is accepted as a class of race boats and not so controversial, how about then HB? That's a nice 59 and maybe I can meet up with you at Burley.

rossdbos
    Ben,
    You are not alone, I was told by a lot of people that the H.B. article barely mentioned you and your team. I first found out that the article existed at this past Wednesday's SCSC board meeting and was shocked. Now, before I lambast anyone who wrote it, I will be going out and picking up my copy as my subscription doesn't seem to have "kicked" in then make an informed respose. I also was told that all the credit was given to SCSC instead of RPM Racing Ent. Oooh Well! Sh$t happens, but I did work with Chris & Tyson Lloyd (I believe Chris wrote the actual article) on the Performance and Family boating Magazine article and I'm told it should appear in the magazine in the next issue and a reprint in the PROPELLER MAGAZINE. So fear not, credit shall be given. BTW, did you see the announcement I made in the "year in review" issue of the Propeller regarding your win?
    The good news is that regardless of what was written it is still press and as P.T. Barnum said, "there's no such thing as bad press". So if it get's more interest in the 2006 Enduro then so be it!
    Hope to see you in Bakersfield and Parker in April.
    Regards,
    Ross Wallach, RPM RACING ENT.

Towndrunk
    WTF did you expect? All the boats were under 40 feet and 150,000 dollars??
    Plus, it's a boring assed race for spectators. It's not about racing anymore, it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :crossx:

uclahater
    WTF did you expect? All the boats were under 40 feet and 150,000 dollars??
    Plus, it's a boring assed race for spectators. It's not about racing anymore, it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :crossx:
    Did you go to the World finals in November :idea: I thought boat racing was dieing till then :idea: I've never seen so many boats or people It was an amazing event

uclahater
    This has been on my mind for some time now & I would like to bi tch! It is in my opinion that boat racing as well as many types of racing are becoming extinct very slowly. Everywhere I see people are trying to bring back what we are slowly loosing. The parker enduro was a tremedous revival... I thought & was proud to be a part of! I was in shock to see what a weak article that hot boat did on it. The approach was totally half ass. The picture of Plan B was not of that race but of long beach. There was no shots of 2nd or 3rd place. There were no shots of the race for that matter. 2 nice shots of the 4th place team? I really had hoped that hot boat would have jumped on the band wagon & helped the cause to promote & get the word out so next year could be bigger & stronger! It appeared to me that they did a curtousy mention at the last minute & just made shiat up if they didn't have facts... Really dissapointing in my book!
    P.S. I put this in v-drives becuase of its nature...
    That sucks Maxi!! we all know you won, and thats all that matters

SGettmann
    Ben, I feel your pain. Not much race coverage period, but you have to admit there is much more v stuff in the mag than ever before. I know when they did the article on George from our Nostalgia group, Kevin promised to do a follow up on our success story. We were interviewed, so I guess he tried but the big brass must have not considered it interesting. I sent four or five discs of great action shots and I think most would have enjoyed viewing so many old boats returning to action. No deal so far, just California Nostalgia boats. Maybe when Nostalgia is accepted as a class of race boats and not so controversial, how about then HB? That's a nice 59 and maybe I can meet up with you at Burley.
    Are there dates available on the boat races at Burley? This is in my neck of the woods, I'm in for going. How does that - do I need tickets, or just show up, pick a camp spot, and party like a rock start, enjoying the races.
    I remember going to Marine Stadium in the late 70's as a little tike, which I wasn't able to fully appreciate the racing or performance. It would be cool to see K boats and GNs going at it.

lucky
    maxi = almost famous
    Guru = famous
    lucky == imfamous
    I think there was more coverage of that race in " A.R.P " magizine lol j/k

Squirtin Thunder
    Are there dates available on the boat races at Burley? This is in my neck of the woods, I'm in for going. How does that - do I need tickets, or just show up, pick a camp spot, and party like a rock start, enjoying the races.
    I remember going to Marine Stadium in the late 70's as a little tike, which I wasn't able to fully appreciate the racing or performance. It would be cool to see K boats and GNs going at it.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102940
    Burley date and link are in there somewhere.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101593

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast