Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic Deck boats

Havasu1
    I'm looking at getting a new boat. I like the look of the Magic deck boat, but I have heard people say that there are some issues with them. To be fair, people cannot seem to remember what the issues are??? Kinda of strange:idea: . The only thing I have acutally heard is that there are flex issues with the boat. Again, not sure if this is correct or not . The shop that maintained my last boat said great things about Conquest Top Cat. They said they were laid up nicely and the wiring was all good. The Conquest to me just seems to be a bit dated in styling. I just got rid of a Carrera 257 party effect with a 496 Ho. It was a good boat really, just a bit small for the Havasu chop (and a bit dated looking too). So what do you guys think and what input do you have? Oh, one other thing, I would like to stay with the 496HO. So I'm not looking to go really, really fast (probably in the mid 60's at best with that set up and weight)
    I would really appreciate the input. Also, I am not bashing Magic at all, infact, just opposite, just trying to find out the shizzel.

OutCole'd
    Get ready, your going to get a ton of opinions here. I have a Magic a love it, great boat, no issues, service has been great.

jrgaudettes
    Have you checked out the Ultra 26 deck. You will probally save some money also. Great running boat with a HO and handles the chop very well.
    BTW- I also like Magic, great boats.

I have one word for you
    Bayliner

jrgaudettes
    I have one word for you
    Bayliner
    :jawdrop: :sqeyes: :2purples:

dumbandyoung
    i think the ultra is worth looking at!...definatley!..John West is a really cool guy too!
    hey should magic win an award for best selling deck boat?? Someone please correct me if im wrong, dont they sell the most deckboats?

jrgaudettes
    i think the ultra is worth looking at!...definatley!..John West is a really cool guy too!
    hey should magic win an award for best selling deck boat?? Someone please correct me if im wrong, dont they sell the most deckboats?
    This winter, hands down Ultra from what I seen at the shop, but that is a guess as im just a customer of Ultra and not up to date of what other companies have sold this winter.

Concept1
    MAn opinions are funny things here, I love my Next, if I was to buy a different boat is would be between the Ultra or the Cobra. I fell in love with the 28 cobra deck that they had at the show and fully plan on building one of them to keep in Havasu. Look at both of them they are both a great price!

jrgaudettes
    MAn opinions are funny things here, I love my Next, if I was to buy a different boat is would be between the Ultra or the Cobra. I fell in love with the 28 cobra deck that they had at the show and fully plan on building one of them to keep in Havasu. Look at both of them they are both a great price!
    You are correct. The best part is there are so many to choose from, like a kid in a candy store.

JB in so cal
    Mine's great. Had it since July '04; about 180 hours on my HO - no major issues with either. The few times I've had Magic work on stuff, it was for minor issues and the service was good for the most part.
    About the only complaint I have had with them is they grew too fast - hard to get service appointments, etc. When I spoke with the owner at the boat show, he's made some changes to his company to alleviate some of that.
    My .02!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast