Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSD took a Shit..

Sangster
    Found the problem...MSD is cutting out at 4500 rpms....Thought it was a lean condition for a while...Oh well stuck a new one on and were ready to Rock & Roll..BTW..We called MSD & explained the problem, They said the box would not be the problem, Wondering if it's worth sending in for repair...It's a 7AL-2....Any thoughts....

How did you find out it was the box?
    Morg.

Sangster
    Paul was checking a few things before we go Sunday, seems the cylinders furtherest away from the distributer were fading out at the same RPM.(i.e. the longest plug wires)..He changed the wires..Still the same deal...We had an MSD6AL here so he installed it ..Bingo..No more miss..Don't know for sure how long its been this way...It had us chasing a lean condition that wasn't really there....Hopefully all is well now... wink wink wink

Sangster
    Not a problem John.. See you & Carrie Sunday..If you need anything else let me know ...
    [ May 01, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Sangster
    Morg...Jest talked to Paul..Its started doing the same thing with the new box so now were back to step one.....I'll give you an update when I hear something (I'm home with the Grandson this afternoon, Jeff's down at the shop with Paul..)

Sangster:
    Not a problem John.. See you & Carrie Sunday..If you need anything else let me know ... Thank you.
    Let me know on the bracket deal. I have to go by Summit before Sunday anyway.
    Morg.

Sangster
    Morg, Check your PM's Buddy...

Sangster
    Ok....They found the problem....Jest a loose ground wire from the MSD to the Block that was hidden behind everything else......

Cole Man II
    Sangster,
    You better get the orange bomb running by Sunday! We be ready to go!
    Cole Man

Sangster
    Coleman..It's all good..Gonna have to do some jetting up there, But other than that were good to go with both boats for a change...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast