Thread: Ok..Ok..Ok, so our George is clueless...

bigq
    So I am listing to President Bush talk to a crowd of people behind a podium. "I promise I will do everything in my power", I am thinking now he's getting tuff, "that i will get immigration reform passed for the people of Mexico!". Whet the F**k? This guy is a total TOOL! It is a shame he could have been a great president. I wish he would get just one thing right before he leaves office.
    Sorry just a tiny rant there....

YeLLowBoaT
    yuor just now figuring this out?

HighRoller
    It's no longer "illegal immigration" according to Dubya. It's "migration". I think the proper term is "invasion". What else would you call an unauthorized flood of people hostile towards our country? And if you doubt they are hostile, why do they boo the American team at soccer matches???

Kachina26
    Bush/the republican party has been a big disappointment on immigration for some time now.

bigq
    yuor just now figuring this out?
    I just keep hoping something will enlighten him. I don't think for one minute he is a stupid man, but I just don't get why he keeps going against our "majority" wishes.

donzi5150
    I just keep hoping something will enlighten him. I don't think for one minute he is a stupid man, but I just don't get why he keeps going against our "majority" wishes.
    It's called "elitisim" as people and societies progress beyond the trenches like were most of us are at, they forget what the problems are. This also happens as societies mature can anyone say France? Both sides have done this......Kennedy has been in the Senate for over 30 years and has not done anything either. It's both sides fault and we need to demand it to be fixed!

HighRoller
    They haven't "forgotten" about the problem. They are well aware of it but the problem is that like all politicians they are trying to figure out a way to benefit from it. The Democrats want the illegal vote and the Republicans want the cheap labor to satidfy their corporate constituency. In the past the politicos merely ignored the problem out of cowardice. Now, however, they are not just allowing illegals to flood the country, they are assisiting and defending them from we the "racist" citizens of the country.

cdog
    Jorge Bush.
    Life must be nice behind the gates.
    I bet a strong stance on the border, illegals being employed and deporting them would have held a majority in at least one branch of govt.

donzi5150
    I also think the problem is, with all presidents either Dem or Rep, that they tend to look and act clueless because they can't and it is difficult to express things in a national security sense that are classified. The Immigration thing in my mind is a no brainier and should have been stopped yesterday on both the national security, war on drugs, as well as for the societal ramifications such as schools, hospitals, abuse, etc…….
    With regards to the current war on terror, many on the left have said the something, but most forget that the president, as well as the congress are receiving information "real-time" and classified and we are privileged to it years later when the classification is dropped. I remember with Clinton/Gore many of the same issues with the right saying the same thing about how clueless they were. Unfortunately, many of the things we voiced that they were clueless on are now realized such as Lewinski (I did not have sex with that women and what is the definition of is?), Somalia (pull out and let the people of that country be slaughtered for another 12 years), bin Laden (Snipers had him in sights several times), Saddam (taken the lead with the 17 UN violations as well as the continues attacks on US and coalition forces and gotten rid of him), etc......
    The Office of the President and the Congress should and must not divulge top secret information and many in the US are arrogant in thinking they must have it right away no matter what political side they are on. They should also never bow down to public pressure to tell us anything that affects national security and do what they were elected to do with the checks and balances as well as the minority power keeping a close eye on things so they are done right and in the nations best interest……….
    Speaking of powers, Majority and Minority……I am sick and tired of hearing about doing what’s right per the parties, they need to do what’s right for the 300,000,000 Americans despite criticism from one side or the other. Protecting America and going after terrorists after 9/11 was right for all Americans and stopping the border and illegal immigration process including employers that hire them and landlords that rent to them (tragic death in NY City) and fixing the legal immigration process is right for all Americans.
    We should also pardon those two border parole agents immediately and give them a medal for stepping up to the plate and protecting this country! Shooting a drug dealer in the ASS when they were being attacked…….does anyone else here think they would have done differently? I would have made sure he was silenced instead of the ass shot so the ACLU loving prosecutors could not have abused the judicial system and made a mockery of border protection! :idea: