Thread: I need a prop shaft coupler

superdave013
    I need a steel prop shaft coupler for a 1 1/4" output shaft to a 1 1/8" propshaft. Can anyone help a brother out on this?

beaverfab
    We can make you one would run around 150.00 I think we have some 17-4 S.S. what o.d. and length.

superdave013
    beaverfab:
    We can make you one would run around 150.00 I think we have some 17-4 S.S. what o.d. and length.Sold! I'll get you that info today.
    17-4 s.s. - I've never used that for anything. I'll have to look up the dirt on it today also. But I like shinney.
    'Bout time you got some of my money JJ. I know everyone else is getting a little.

GofastRacer
    superdave013:
    beaverfab:
    We can make you one would run around 150.00 I think we have some 17-4 S.S. what o.d. and length.Sold! I'll get you that info today.
    17-4 s.s. - I've never used that for anything. I'll have to look up the dirt on it today also. But I like shinney.
    'Bout time you got some of my money JJ. I know everyone else is getting a little.Here's a little info on it!..
    Stainless

beaverfab
    Dave 17-4 is a chromium-nickle stainless steel that is hadened by a single low-temperture precipitation heat treatment. What we use is H 1150 Rockwell "C" 33 . Tensile strength 145,000.psi Yield strength 125,000 psi good stuff. I will have ti drill a hole in it where the keway for the 1.25 bore ends. smilespi By the way nice parts I was making a water pump extention for my boat at the same time. But I just did away with the short one and made it one.
    [ December 17, 2002, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: beaverfab ]

Infomaniac
    I had Phil Bergeron make me one. A 6 bolt billet coupler. I trashed the 4 bolt stainless coupler the first time I nailed the throttle.

126driver
    Damn Dave! I thought I had one for you but I just dug in my trailer and it's a Casale CE-5 1 1/8" to 1 1/8".

superdave013
    beaverfab:
    We can make you one would run around 150.00 I think we have some 17-4 S.S. what o.d. and length.JJ, the one I have now is 4.75 long with 6 bolts clamping it. The od is kinda hard to tell as it's all spread apart. I measured 2.320 but what ever works is fine with me. The hole is bored off set. I was schooled up on that offseting the hole. I guess that's how they balance them. I never thought about that but I do see the point. Is that how you do it?
    The only reason I'm replacing the one I have now is one of the threads is stripped out in the hole that spreads it apart. I can get it off with a gear puller but not with the v drive in the boat. I can send you this one if you wanna look at it.

schiada96
    SD I was going to say that about balance, it needs to be done.