Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS advice?

Stab-n-Steer
    I know this subject has been discussed before but I am looking to get a GPS. It will be only used for MPH when testing the race boat. Are some units more accurate on MPH than others? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    S&S

GofastRacer
    The Etrex with the yellowjacket seems to be the best bang for the buck, that's the one I use, works great!..

Stab-n-Steer
    Thanks GoFast,
    I see that one in my catalog for $119.99. Is that a good price?
    S&S

S&S, I have a Garmin Etrex that works pretty good. It was bought at Wal-Mart for $80.00. Be aware that they do not respond instantly to top speed, you need to stay in the throttle a few seconds for it to get an accurate top speed recording so stay in the throttle for a few seconds before reading. As far as accuracy its my understanding they record to within 1/10 of a mile per hour if used properly.

63stevens
    A friend mine took my Gps to the salt flats and found that the timing lights and the gps were almost identical.They knew how fast they had gone before they even got back to the timers

Stab-n-Steer
    Thanks Guys,
    Do they make one that has a memory? In other words, will it hold your max speed to be reviewed later?
    058, are you coming to Shadow Cliffs this weekend?
    S&S

Stab-n-Steer:
    Thanks Guys,
    Do they make one that has a memory? In other words, will it hold your max speed to be reviewed later?
    S&S S & S,
    I ditto the recommend on the yellow Garmin. It will remember the top speed until you clear it or beat it. (hopefully the latter)
    Oh yeah, look on Ebay. I bought mine NIB with batteries included for $80 plus 7.50 S/H (no tax)
    Plenty of auctions there to get a good price.

GofastRacer
    Stab-n-Steer:
    Thanks GoFast,
    I see that one in my catalog for $119.99. Is that a good price?
    S&S I've had mine since last summer, I paid $99 at the time, haven't paid attention to the price lately!, and it does have a memory!..

I also would recomend the Garmin Etrex. Worked great for me when I had a running boat.
    They sell a handle bar mounting system for mounting on mountain bike handle bars. After mounted it clips on & off, worked real slick on my old Hondo. Kept the gps steady & in the line of fire for reading the satalites
    http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp...0%2D10267%2D00
    Morg.

Stab-n-Steer:
    S&S I'm gonna sneak out there for half a day. I got a fellow who is chomping at the bit for his jeep transmisson/transfer case and I gotta get it done. There just isn't enough hours in the day to finish anything. Do you know what time the Crackers are secd. to run?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast