Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Class "A" non-commerical

Jerry
    Hey just found out the other day I needed a Class"A" license to tow my 32 ft ball mount ?

rivrrts429
    any tow-behind 10K + & any 5th wheel 15k +, GVWR

Beer-30
    IF there is a tag or plate on the (any) trailer that says it has a gvw of 10K or more - yes. Empty or loaded, a Class-A is required.
    My case, for instance: I have a 3-axle 34' long boat trailer. Sure, it can handle 10K. There is no load rating sticker, just a VIN; so Class-C is all that is required.

THOR
    So let me get this straight. If you are pulling an 11,000lb travel trailer then you need a Class A? I have never heard this.

OutCole'd
    So let me get this straight. If you are pulling an 11,000lb travel trailer then you need a Class A? I have never heard this.
    You said that perfect, next time just say it to the coppers and you'll be fine.

THOR
    The CHP would have a field day pulling people over on there way to Glamis. I would say that 2% of the people have a Class A license.
    If it isnt a commercial rig then you really dont need one.
    F U OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ELIMINAT THIS
    IF there is a tag or plate on the (any) trailer that says it has a gvw of 10K or more - yes. Empty or loaded, a Class-A is required.
    My case, for instance: I have a 3-axle 34' long boat trailer. Sure, it can handle 10K. There is no load rating sticker, just a VIN; so Class-C is all that is required.
    Here is the deal with that,if there is no gvwr tag on the trailer the chp will take the weight rating of the tires. example if you have 6 tires rated at 2000 lbs each they will rate it at 12000 lbs. :jawdrop:

Beer-30
    Here is the deal with that,if there is no gvwr tag on the trailer the chp will take the weight rating of the tires. example if you have 6 tires rated at 2000 lbs each they will rate it at 12000 lbs. :jawdrop:
    Maybe if it was being used for commercial use. Transporting cargo and such. A boat trailer? Nope. A trailer house? Maybe the REAL big ones, but not many CHP are gonna worry about recreational vehicles.
    Insurance may look into it if you had an accident that was weight related or pure driving negligence was mentioned.

ELIMINAT THIS
    Maybe if it was being used for commercial use. Transporting cargo and such. A boat trailer? Nope. A trailer house? Maybe the REAL big ones, but not many CHP are gonna worry about recreational vehicles.
    Insurance may look into it if you had an accident that was weight related or pure driving negligence was mentioned.
    Im sure you will never have a problem with it just towing your boat... But im sure there is one chp in cali. that would give you a hard time.

Jerry
    The CHP would have a field day pulling people over on there way to Glamis. I would say that 2% of the people have a Class A license.
    If it isnt a commercial rig then you really dont need one.
    F U OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's the deal, A friend of mine got his ticket coming home from Glamis. The fine is $840. Lets just say they're gonna be ticketing pretty f$%k hard now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast