Thread: Sub Location??

markt111
    I have two choices in my boat to place a sub... the boat is a 30' center console with cuddy
    A: mount a free air 10" in the gunnel next to the center console, limiting sub output being in freeair
    B: put a 10" or maybe a 12" in the cabin in a box which is more powerful but not near the driver/passengers
    which do you think would work better? I see some of these lowriders cars running around with subs in the trunk that kick but I am also not putting 2500 watts to it, going to install an efficient sub to preserve batery life at the sandbar!!!
    anybuddy have there sub in a cabin??

Phat Matt
    Post a pic of your boat.

496mag
    I have a friend with a 15 under the seat in a storage are that is compleatly closed off from the passengers when the seat is down. He has a Centurion Avalanche and it sounds great. By the way a good sub with a decent 500watt amp will be fine. I personally recomend only fan cooled amps for the lake and I love my Kicker 12L7 and my Kenwood amps, I have never had my amps overheat at the lake.

busybee2498
    Does any know of a site where you can see boats hooked up? Speakers design and placement? I would like to hook up my boat but need some ideals.
    http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...how34SMALL.jpg

STV_Keith
    Post a pic of your boat.
    I think on S&F he said he has a 30' Scarab open fish like mine. See this thread for a few interior pics: http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142700

cmikeplay
    well first u need to see what air space that speaker needs. arc audio, and JL both us little boxes like 1.5cf Soundmaster Auto Sound