Thread: Water line valve

patrolman808
    I was looking at my hose coming from the pump, and never noticed that it has a Bassett T-valve splitting the hose just after a regular T-handle where the hard line comes through. Should I remove this Bassett valve or what? It looks just like the one that is for my headers.

RICHARD TILL
    no, do`nt remove it unless you want water in your oil. heres what will work if you`re not using a thermoatat. all of my water leaves the motor via the thermostat housing. half of it goes out to the transom exiting the boat. the other half goes to the bassett valve and then splits to the headers. i feel better with the water heated before it enters the headers. you do need a valve between the pump and the motor. i do`nt run a thermostat and thats the way i control the motor temperature. hope that helps.

patrolman808
    I'm not going to use a thermostat. I've got some new gate valves and a few t-handle valves that I picked up at work. I was thinking of putting one of these gate valves inline before the Bassett T going to the engine, and putting a t-handle valve on the line exiting the center of the intake and going to the other Bassett t-valve splitting water to the headers. I plan on running both thermostat outlets on top of the intake out the transom.

hondajoey
    the easiest way to plub the water lines is to ues the diagram on bassetts web site thats the way i plumbed mine with out any problems, dont use ball valves for regulating water flow only use gate valves
    here is the link
    http://www.bassettracing.com/newpage...tion%20Diagram