Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New cam specs

MoparSanger
    That thing should fly! The Stage VI's are a good head. My 496 also had the stage VI's on it. With the tunnel ram and the stage VI's you will need the intake spacers. Mopar does not make a tunnel ram just for the 440 and the Stage VI's. I ran the intake spacers on my 496, The one thing I did not like is the dog leg in the port with the spacers. just do a good port match and you should be fine. When you get that thing running I would like to see it run.

Blown 472
    MoparSanger:
    That thing should fly! The Stage VI's are a good head. My 496 also had the stage VI's on it. With the tunnel ram and the stage VI's you will need the intake spacers. Mopar does not make a tunnel ram just for the 440 and the Stage VI's. I ran the intake spacers on my 496, The one thing I did not like is the dog leg in the port with the spacers. just do a good port match and you should be fine. When you get that thing running I would like to see it run. ??? why would you need a spacer?? did they change the shape and dims of the head compaired to stock?

Kindsvater Flat
    "B" block heads designed for a "RB" intake. So if you go "RB" to "RB" you need the spacers.

Blown 472
    Kindsvater Flat:
    "B" block heads designed for a "RB" intake. So if you go "RB" to "RB" you need the spacers. The stock heads will go to b or rb, the heads are the same, if you want to run a b intake on a rb you need spacers.

Kindsvater Flat
    Ok I confused myself this time. Probably the death threats. The VI heads on a B block uses the RB manifold. When they are on the RB block you need the spacers. Different head design.

Blown 472
    really?? wow, I did not know that.
    You get that cam yet?
    [ April 02, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

Kindsvater Flat
    not yet.

MoparSanger
    On the Stage VI heads Mopar raised the intake port about 7/8" to get a better short side(floor) on the intake port. The way they did that is to raise the intake so a rb(440) intake will fit on a b(383,400). The only problem is that when you use the heads on a 440 you will need the spacers to match the ports to the 440 intake.

Blown 472
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Kindsvater Flat
    Cam showed today. Ordered the ARP studs. Now just waiting for the heads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast