Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: jet boats on lake.

BigBlockBaja
    2 foot chop, and rollers are very dicey, in a low free board boat, better hope you can keep the bow over everything or you got a big problem. A stalled boat, is not an option during those conditions.
    Sleek
    Yup, as I said above, its a scary situation....

h2oboy
    2 foot chop, and rollers are very dicey, in a low free board boat, better hope you can keep the bow over everything or you got a big problem. A stalled boat, is not an option during those conditions.
    Sleek
    So you are saying that Havasu has a 2 foot chop... Hey I have never taking my jet there, but I also have never seen a 2 foot chop at Havasu

BigBlockBaja
    So you are saying that Havasu has a 2 foot chop... Hey I have never taking my jet there, but I also have never seen a 2 foot chop at Havasu
    here ya go. Let 396 sum it up for ya.
    396 venting (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...=havasu+choppy)

Well I got caught 5 five miles down river from my trailer, on the Mississippi river last year, wind blasting right down the river, which causes nice big rollers. To top it off, the Baja dealer was hosting a poker run, they were blasting thru, at the same time we are heading back to the launch. We managed to stay on top of all but one roller, missed that one by about 2 inches, and got a nice shower :cry: It never stalled the motor, it did burp as the scoop was drenched. Made it back :220v: Another time was caught up in the 2 foot chop on the Hardy dam resivoir in Michigan, heading up the lake toward the river, I got between two shear cliffed shorelines, again with larger boats blasting by. endured about a mile of that. That required timed blast of gas to keep on top, I will never even try to do that again, once is enough.
    Sleek

sanger rat
    And I'm guessing you've never seen Lake Michigan. Took me two years to get the balls to go out on Lake Huron.

BigBlockBaja
    And I'm guessing you've never seen Lake Michigan. Took me two years to get the balls to go out on Lake Huron.
    Did ya reach Canada?
    :crossx:

"NO BALLS" not for me anyway, I bet that was a thrill!!
    Sleek
    And I should say conditions vary from day to day, weekends are generally worst than during the week.

h2oboy
    Well I guess we got off topic here... not to bust anyones chops, but in the begining of the thread we were stickly talking about Havasu.... Not Lake Michigan..... Maybe I just have been there when the weather and water have cooperated. Will let you know how it is in March!! I know the ladies will be there....

sanger rat
    Did ya reach Canada?
    :crossx:
    Tried but only had 20 gallons of fuel. :cry: Sleek that was the last time I had the boat out. Oct 2. 80 degrees out with a south wind. I'll do it again.

Well I guess we got off topic here... not to bust anyones chops, but in the begining of the thread we were stickly talking about Havasu.... Not Lake Michigan..... Maybe I just have been there when the weather and water have cooperated. Will let you know how it is in March!! I know the ladies will be there....
    Been there too(Havasu) I would not even think of it, too many variables, big boats, and winds. I rode on some nice rollers, with 15-20 mph winds, during the week, and minimal boat traffic. now you get into the river, thats a lot different than the open lake areas
    Sleek

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast