Thread: system in a deckboat recommendations...

Essex29
    i need some ideas...
    here is what i already have to work with, not much, but a start:
    6 pr 6 1/2 mb quart marine speakers
    3 2150 batteries
    i am kicking around the 28 deckboat idea, conquest, magic or cobra and wanted to see what you pros would recommend....speakers under the hatch, are jl's the 12 subs to go with?? a deck that i can run 2 remotes and my ipod...amps, etc...
    can i get away with 2k for the parts?
    thanks
    tarek

BADASS38CHEVY
    Thats pretty much what im running, 6 pairs of MB Quart PCE-216 inside the boat and 2 PCE-216 in 2 speaker pods on the rear that are removable.Also running 4 Jl audio 13.5 w6's.

Phat Matt
    Remember, speaker placement is the key!

NOTALENT
    Pm Ivan Dan, or Totallyincapassitated....They had a bitchen system in there Magic Deck.

riverbound
    Each boat will be a little different therefore the system might change (slightly) with each boat. But you are definitely on the right track. Once youpick your boat, there are plenty of people on ere that can help you with setting up the best setup for your applicaiton and budget.

OnlyMoney
    Well, if you want to go ALL out...you need to do the strobe light thing! :rollside: Pull up in the channel after dark, hit the switch and it's ON! Everyone's reminding me of our Conquest now...I miss it! Just add them to one of the deck light switches. We had many people asking about them. It was really easy and super cool. Sorry, I'm getting all nostalgic on you now. Enjoy the deckboat. You'll be happy with any of them, they're all great because they're deck boats.

Essex29
    Well, if you want to go ALL out...you need to do the strobe light thing! :rollside: Pull up in the channel after dark, hit the switch and it's ON! Everyone's reminding me of our Conquest now...I miss it! Just add them to one of the deck light switches. We had many people asking about them. It was really easy and super cool. Sorry, I'm getting all nostalgic on you now. Enjoy the deckboat. You'll be happy with any of them, they're all great because they're deck boats.
    I like that idea :idea: , do you have any pics?

Essex29
    Each boat will be a little different therefore the system might change (slightly) with each boat. But you are definitely on the right track. Once youpick your boat, there are plenty of people on ere that can help you with setting up the best setup for your applicaiton and budget.
    thanks man....if I didn't have to deal with selling a boat, I would have gone down to the boat show again and signed on the dotted line. As soon as I know which one I am going with, i'll get more details.

riverroyal
    has the 12s,they are great.If I was going to change anything it would be putting speakers near the front,maybe subs under the front seats.When you sitting on the beach the stereo is WAY to loud when your in the boat,but to quiet on the sand,so I would figure out a way to get better sound out of the boat.

ROZ
    has the 12s,they are great.If I was going to change anything it would be putting speakers near the front,maybe subs under the front seats.When you sitting on the beach the stereo is WAY to loud when your in the boat,but to quiet on the sand,so I would figure out a way to get better sound out of the boat.
    I agree. Adding another sub, even a small one, will make a difference. If a person can only work in 2 subs, I'd consider putting one near the front and one in the back ...