Thread: CORVETTE

1BIGJIM
    Ok I have your attention. I am posting this here because “gears heads” are where the smart people hang out. I have a 1989 Corvette and the blower motor only works on high. Ok, I have seen this before. I changed the blower motor and it fixed the problem. Not this time, I changed the blower motor and had the same results. Any ideas on what to check next?? It hard to run the AC on high or off, either you are to cold or to hot.. Thanks guys.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    it's probably the contacts in your switch. You could try to take it apart and clean them or simply buy a new switch. The contacts get dirty over time with carbon and what not. I have had this happen on two cars now. I think oreilly auto parts sells ACDelco switches now. Anyway try that out and see if it don't fix it.

gnarley
    Sounds like the resistor in the A/C-Heater suitcase. It has probably burned out. All you need to do if the still have them in there is look around the blower motor for a 4-5 wire connector going into a small connector that is screwed into the suitcase, remove the connector & remove the resistor & inspect. It will be obvious if it is broken. The resistors look like little springs and 1 or 2 will be hanging from one end. The resistor is cooled by the fan & they are easily replaced if that is what it is & sound like to me! I have replaced many of them over the years!

skeepwerkzaz
    electrical contact cleaner.......works miracles