Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: External Steering

chase8
    I have read several threads lately about accidents and boat handling. I am in Northern Utah, I have a 27 ft Chase that runs in the mid 80's at this altitude. It runs and handles just fine but it does not have external steering. Is this something I should be concerned with?

Run_em_Hard
    Yes you should be concerned...anything over 70 or 75 and you should have at least the external assist. I have it on mine and love it. You should come check it out

BADBLOWN572
    I would definitely suggest it for anything 70 or above. If something happens, the hydraulic rams will usually keep the boat going straight and/or the drive from falling off the back of the boat.

dicudmore
    I would definitely suggest it for anything 70 or above. If something happens, the hydraulic rams will usually keep the boat going straight and/or the drive from falling off the back of the boat.
    I second that--not fond of the idea of being upside down if a cable breaks. Not having that play in the gimbal area is nice too

DMOORE
    I second that--not fond of the idea of being upside down if a cable breaks. Not having that play in the gimbal area is nice too
    Well said.
    Worth every penny.
    Darrell.

chase8
    Yes you should be concerned...anything over 70 or 75 and you should have at least the external assist. I have it on mine and love it. You should come check it out
    We should try and hook up sometime this summer. By the looks of it, the sooner the better (water issues). Utah is not cutting edge when it comes to info on these subjects.
    Everyone is running runabouts and 25 ft cuddies. I didn't realize it was an issue until I started reading some of the accident reports on ***boat. I'll look into the external assist, (i want people to think my boat is fast). Just looking to be safe.

DMOORE
    We should try and hook up sometime this summer. By the looks of it, the sooner the better (water issues). Utah sucks when it comes to info on these subjects.
    Everyone is running runabouts and 25 ft bayliner cuddies. I didn't realize it was an issue until I started reading some of the accident reports on ***boat. I'll look into the external assist, i want people to think my boat is fast.
    Hey, if your boat is running 80, that IS fast. Things happen real fast on the water at 80.
    Darrell.

98 Vector 21
    Here! Here! I will 2nd that!
    he he

Havasu_Dreamin
    Yep.....
    and yep.....

I had full hydraulic steering put on my 25 Tremor and love it. I've never had it before this boat, but I'll never go without it again.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast